MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming Application question

Wilderness_56587

Me and my dad are applying in WY for antelope again.

Wondering if we can apply as a party for doe tags and separately for buck tags?

Would you basically just go through the application process twice, once for the doe tags as a party and once for the buck tag individual?

So when does the WY non-resident application period for antelope open? Everything I see is for 2020.

So when does the WY non-resident application period for antelope open? Everything I see is for 2020.
It opened on January 4 and closes June 1 (https://wgfd.wyo.gov/hunting/application-dates-and-deadlines). The 2021 regs have not yet been approved, they only have draft regulations out (https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/content/April_CH-5_Draft-3-22-2021-4.pdf). Per the application booklet they say "The Department will not publish tentative season information in the application packet. Instead, hunters can reference the 2020 regulations and archery season dates on the Hunter Planner. Final season information will be published on May 1, with time for hunters to make modifications or withdraw applications."

It opened on January 4 and closes June 1 (https://wgfd.wyo.gov/hunting/application-dates-and-deadlines). The 2021 regs have not yet been approved, they only have draft regulations out (https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/content/April_CH-5_Draft-3-22-2021-4.pdf). Per the application booklet they say "The Department will not publish tentative season information in the application packet. Instead, hunters can reference the 2020 regulations and archery season dates on the Hunter Planner. Final season information will be published on May 1, with time for hunters to make modifications or withdraw applications."
Figured something like that. Looks like another cutback in tags. If one wants 2 doe tags one may want to apply for each one separately.

Do the odds for drawing a doe antelope change if you apply for 1 or 2(on one application)?
I believe so. It's like having an extra application. Last fall for my area there were 193 apps for 15 doe tags in the leftover drawing. I applied twice for 1 tag each time and drew one tag.

Last edited:
Do the odds for drawing a doe antelope change if you apply for 1 or 2(on one application)?

depends on how you apply

If both hunt areas and license types are the same, and submitted in the same session, you will have 1 (one) app in the system and will draw none or both.

Apply for the same area and type, but in different sessions, you will have 2 apps in the system and could draw none, one, or two.

Different areas or types in the same session and you will have 2 apps in the system.

Figured something like that. Looks like another cutback in tags. If one wants 2 doe tags one may want to apply for each one separately.
Depending on area, expect more cuts in doe/fawn pronghorn from what's being proposed...in particular the I-25 corridor from Cheyenne to Casper. That was discussed on the season setting zoom meeting last night I attended.

Was Matt addressing those cuts Buzz ? He's the biologist over that way.

No. The reduced price tags are a separate drawing. As someone suggested, you may want to apply in different web sessions. That makes each one a separate application and they are assigned unique application IDs. There is an option when you apply for reduced tags to decline them if you fail to draw on the Type 1 or 2 tags.

It is open now with deadline around june 1rst. Drawing 3rd week of june results will follow.
Thanks

Will apply around mid-May. Unless I can get on the ranch I'll likely put in for doe/fawn tags since I may be looking at 2 surgeries [both difficult] this summer with no guarantee that either will be problem free so if I have to eat the tags I won't be out much.

Last edited:
Yes you can apply for separate parties for any antelope v. doe only. In fact, you have to use separate party ID's for the two applications.

Thanks

Will apply around mid-May. Unless I can get on the ranch I'll likely put in for doe/fawn tags since I may be looking at 2 surgeries [both difficult] this summer with no guarantee that either will be problem free so if I have to eat the tags I won't be out much.
Good luck with your surgeries. This year may also be difficult for me as i had a major stroke in jan. My left side was totally paralyzed but recently use of my left hand is cming back with therapy.
Good luck & God bless.

Good luck with your surgeries. This year may also be difficult for me as i had a major stroke in jan. My left side was totally paralyzed but recently use of my left hand is cming back with therapy.
Good luck & God bless.
Thanks. I will live with [at least for now] or without them, but the spinal stenosis is really getting to be a PITA!

No need to apply twice because you can indicate when you apply that you only want the doe tag if you are successful in the draw for the buck tag.
That's only if you don't want just a doe tag. With the cut back in tags and increase in apps a doe tag might be your only chance to go.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back