Wyoming Application Question

trouthunterdj

Sorry, if this is a basic question. My Dad and I have Max points for antelope in Wyoming and my son has just a few. If we apply in one of the harder areas in Wyoming to draw as first choice and don't draw but put a easier area in as second choice and do draw, do we lose are points? Or do we have to wait for the leftover tags to draw an area with easier odds that has leftover tags? Thanks for the help all.

Don't put down a second choice or make the 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices all the same. I've put area 29, type 2 in all 3 spots on the form. If you don't want a second choice then don't fill it in. If you're sure you can get a leftover tag just re-enter the second chance draw. That being said I've never gotten a preference point so take all of that with a grain of salt.

Answer is, you only lose your points if you draw your first choice in the primary drawing. You will keep your points if you draw 2nd choice, 3rd choice, or in the leftover draw.

Answer is, you only lose your points if you draw your first choice in the primary drawing. You will keep your points if you draw 2nd choice, 3rd choice, or in the leftover draw.

Can you use some or all of your points when applying? If they want to hunt together they would need to apply for an area that would assure a license for the party member with the least number of points. So if 2 members have 12 PPs and one has 6 PPs you'd apply for an area where all 3 would draw a tag with 6 PPs, no?

If you don't draw your first choice but you draw a second or third choice unit, then you'll retain and build points and get to hunt. Only successful first choice applicants lose their points. As for the PP, your party will average the preference points and each will be assigned the same draw number at the averaged point level.

Last edited:
Can you use some or all of your points when applying? If they want to hunt together they would need to apply for an area that would assure a license for the party member with the least number of points. So if 2 members have 12 PPs and one has 6 PPs you'd apply for an area where all 3 would draw a tag with 6 PPs, no?

Wyoming averages PP's on an application... Guessing it's just a simple average formula - so two with 12 and one with 6 means you would have an average PP of 10... So theory when your application is viewed - it's considered as 10PP's....

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back