PEAX Equipment

Wyoming App Question

antelopedundee

Have not used it yet this year, but for those who have can you pay by other than credit card?

I would bet it's too much trouble for them to refund to a bank account rather than a card?

More likely that it's not instant transfer, so maybe harder to match up the app and payment. echecks usually take a couple days to clear.

Last edited:
October 2017 national avg gas price: $2.70/gal
October 2018 national avg gas price: $2.94/gal
Difference: $0.24/gal

Ames, IA to Gillette, WY round trip: 1486 miles + 100 miles while hunting = 1586 miles

Estimated 20 mi/gal = 79.3 gal

2017 gas expense: 79.3*2.70 = $214.11
2018 gas expense: 79.3*2.94 = $233.14
Difference: $19.03

If $10 for a cc processing fee is a big factor in your hunting trip budget, you should be super worried about minor fluctuations in gas prices year to year as well. Maybe eat a cold meat sandwich one night instead of eating in town?

Get on websites and call the licensing desk. They are under the Contact Us link.

I already have a regular contact at the license section if I need anything. Here is a part of his recent reply.

"We do accept both debit and credit cards, but run them all as credit."

At this point I'll enter the second chance draw and use a CC.

Ames, IA to Gillette, WY round trip: 1486 miles + 100 miles while hunting = 1586 miles

If $10 for a cc processing fee is a big factor in your hunting trip budget, you should be super worried about minor fluctuations in gas prices year to year as well. Maybe eat a cold meat sandwich one night instead of eating in town?

It's the adding to an already pricey at $326 tag that irks me. I'd just as soon they raised the price by $10, but tis what tis.

I'm going to Douglas and it's a scosch over 800 miles whether I go thru Nebraska or SD to Rapid City to Newcastle. After Wright instead of going straight down 59 to Douglas, I prefer to take 387 over to Midwest [a more scenic route IMO] and down to Casper then Douglas. Prolly use more than $10 in gas that way.

When I am hunting, I almost never go into town to eat except on way there and on the way back. I also don't use near that much gas hunting. I use leather personnel carriers for that or horseback. I learned I stood a better chance hunting on foot than I did in a vehicle road hunting so actual miles while hunting for me is less than 25 or so miles unless I need to go to town and get something I forgot. I might use a vehicle to get to my starting point for the day, but that is it. rest of day, I am on foot until I get something down or need to head back to camp. Even antelope, I never camp in a motel LOL, I camp on someone's property with permission or on state land beside my vehicle on a mat or cot or a bivvy. If I have a base camp, then it's a wall tent but it's been a whole lot cheaper for me after I started using leather personnel carriers for transport rather than a ton of gas.

It's the adding to an already pricey at $326 tag that irks me. I'd just as soon they raised the price by $10, but tis what tis.

I'm going to Douglas and it's a scosch over 800 miles whether I go thru Nebraska or SD to Rapid City to Newcastle. After Wright instead of going straight down 59 to Douglas, I prefer to take 387 over to Midwest [a more scenic route IMO] and down to Casper then Douglas. Prolly use more than $10 in gas that way.

I'm always irked too when more money hits the ground to support wildlife, habitat, hunting instead of the GF paying for your credit card fees.

$326 for a tag...go mow your neighbors lawn for the summer, you'll make that plus enough to pay for the credit card fee.

I'm always irked too when more money hits the ground to support wildlife, habitat, hunting instead of the GF paying for your credit card fees.

$326 for a tag...go mow your neighbors lawn for the summer, you'll make that plus enough to pay for the credit card fee.

Think about it. Credit card processing costs are going up and making it hard to maintain a profit margin whether you are a gas station owner or a government entity. More and more people are having to pass on those fees. Most of them believe it or not, do it discreetly by raising prices. The Game and Fish for Wyoming is at least being overt and open about it. Credit card fees range from 2 1/2 percent to 8 percent. Credit card processors charge either a percent or a flat fee depending on type of transaction. Then they top it off with expensive incidental fees when something gets charged back or something. I guarantee you merchants are all recovering those costs covertly or otherwise. Don't boycott using credit cards just because of those fees. They are not additional costs you would not be paying elsewhere.

So if the tag was $10 more, but GF skimmed that $10 off to pay cc fees, that would be better to you? Wow.

I camp on someone's property with permission or on state land beside my vehicle on a mat or cot or a bivvy.

What's the best camping spot on state land...?

On top of credit card processing fees by the merchant's card processor, which is typically a third party unit, you also have fees charged by the credit card issuer itself such as American Express, Visa or Mastercard. Then to top that off, if you get your card through a bank or merchant, you pay additional fees there sometimes.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back