Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wyoming App Question

When I am hunting, I almost never go into town to eat except on way there and on the way back. I also don't use near that much gas hunting. I use leather personnel carriers for that or horseback. I learned I stood a better chance hunting on foot than I did in a vehicle road hunting so actual miles while hunting for me is less than 25 or so miles unless I need to go to town and get something I forgot. I might use a vehicle to get to my starting point for the day, but that is it. rest of day, I am on foot until I get something down or need to head back to camp. Even antelope, I never camp in a motel LOL, I camp on someone's property with permission or on state land beside my vehicle on a mat or cot or a bivvy. If I have a base camp, then it's a wall tent but it's been a whole lot cheaper for me after I started using leather personnel carriers for transport rather than a ton of gas.

I usually stay in town and the only meal I eat out is breakfast. Only a few miles to the ranch where I mostly walk.

I'm always irked too when more money hits the ground to support wildlife, habitat, hunting instead of the GF paying for your credit card fees.

$326 for a tag...go mow your neighbors lawn for the summer, you'll make that plus enough to pay for the credit card fee.

With my back I can barely mow my own.

Think about it. Credit card processing costs are going up and making it hard to maintain a profit margin whether you are a gas station owner or a government entity. More and more people are having to pass on those fees. Most of them believe it or not, do it discreetly by raising prices. The Game and Fish for Wyoming is at least being overt and open about it. Credit card fees range from 2 1/2 percent to 8 percent. Credit card processors charge either a percent or a flat fee depending on type of transaction. Then they top it off with expensive incidental fees when something gets charged back or something. I guarantee you merchants are all recovering those costs covertly or otherwise. Don't boycott using credit cards just because of those fees. They are not additional costs you would not be paying elsewhere.

You forgot the cashback thing too. I understand the fees, but in most cases they are built into the price or the cost of doing business. I don't boycott the CCs, in fact I use my CC whenever possible in order to get the rewards. Rarely do I get offered a discount for paying cash and when I do it amounts to about the same as reward points. I can pay my property taxes with a CC too, but since they impose a fee for the that I just mail a check. Some places won't even take cash.

So if the tag was $10 more, but GF skimmed that $10 off to pay cc fees, that would be better to you? Wow.

In spite of the lack of inflation, I'm constantly getting hit with price increases every time I turn around. I just don't care for the extra "reminder." YMMV.

After tag fees, gas, hotel stay, trespass fees, let's say you spend $750. $10 of $750 is only a 1.3% increase. That's shouldn't be enough to keep someone from applying in the draws IMO. Especially when it just gives the state more money for wildlife.

After tag fees, gas, hotel stay, trespass fees, let's say you spend $750. $10 of $750 is only a 1.3% increase. That's shouldn't be enough to keep someone from applying in the draws IMO. Especially when it just gives the state more money for wildlife.

It didn't keep me from applying since I'll get a tag in the second draw. The license will sell whether I buy it or someone else does.

The dept pays 2.3% the second you submit payment. If I remember correctly they pay a flat $0.10 per refund.

That is correct. I ran an online software store for several years. If you give someone a refund via credit card there is a fee. Paypal even charges a fee just for the refund. Sometimes to both parties.

That is correct. I ran an online software store for several years. If you give someone a refund via credit card there is a fee. Paypal even charges a fee just for the refund. Sometimes to both parties.

PayPal charges $0.30 + 2.9% and the $0.30 is not refundable since that is what they have to pay another party to process the transaction. Recently I've had payments via PP/CC and CC only credited back to me and in each instance received the FULL amount back which suggests the merchant chose or was forced to eat some small fee. With PP the merchant is out the thutty cents.

Back