Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wyoming antelope unit 83

JDM57

Burned our points this year and drew unit 83. Will be staying just outside of Thermopolis. Also drew antelope doe tags and whitetail doe tags. Anyone hunt this unit recently and willing to give some advice/ suggestions? We are not trophy hunters but would be nice to find something better than the 12"-13" bucks we took out of unit 30 8 years ago. Appreciate any help.

I'm with you. Antlers and horns are nice reminders of the hunt but meat is the true prize!

As for advice, I have none but onX offers awareness to new land. I hope you fill the freezer this fall!

Lot of Antelope on all the BLM if you are patient you should be able to do better then that.

As stated above, there are Antelope everywhere in that unit and you will have no trouble finding something bigger than 12-13 inches.

The Mrs had that tag last year we put on over 1500 miles out there over the season looking for a buck that would break 80" she ended up taking an avg buck the last hour of the last day... . Id say you will have no problem killing a 74-76" goat 13-14" long. I didnt see any goats out there that would break 80" on public and a few on private up owl creek
45111499_10213035540664246_4527825119820644352_o.jpg

The Mrs had that tag last year we put on over 1500 miles out there over the season looking for a buck that would break 80" she ended up taking an avg buck the last hour of the last day... . Id say you will have no problem killing a 74-76" goat 13-14" long. I didnt see any goats out there that would break 80" on public and a few on private up owl creek
View attachment 109183
Same experience. Lots of pronghorn but a week of hunting resulted in a 76" buck. Only saw one bigger and I still dont think he was 80". Be patient and picky and you'll find a decent one.

Lots of smaller bucks, few to no booners but great hunt if your looking for fun. Atv is best but good truck can get around if weather is good.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back