Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wyoming antelope Unit 7...anyone.....?

JohnCushman

There going to be a hunt up in the area in unit 7 that some people on archerytalk.com have been talking about doing with a bunch of forum readers from all over the place. I'm pretty anti social, so didn't want to get involved in it with them...but further research into the area shows a decent amount of public land and according to the WY websight has alot of leftover tags for bucks and does every year

Does anyone out here have any further insight into this area or other easy to draw areas?

The AT guys have been doing this hunt for a couple years and they are all walking away with a buck and 2 does each, every year...or so they say online

I hunt with 3 friends from NY. The last 2 years I have gone to Alaska instead of hunt with them.
They have been hunting a similar area that also has an easy draw and many leftover tags.
They have shot so many antelope in the last 2 years they are not interested in EVER hunting speedgoats again! They did have an amazing time and I have seen movies and photos that document their success. This makes the stories the other site is flaunting sound prettty believable to me.
I too have all the skills required to be a social person but seldom use them. Antelope hunting can be an all day affair, as they are out in the open all day. An anti social could use this attribute to his advantage by simply avoiding the bulk of the together time!
'course sitting around a fire with ANYBODY beats the crap outta sittin in front of the television:hump:

There are many units in which you can kill up to 6 antelope. Read the bag limit regulations on the G&F website.

i think they reduced the number this year to only 2 doe tags plus the buck tag.. not sure about all the units but the ones around laramie you only can get 2 this year.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back