Caribou Gear

Wyoming antelope unit 19 ??

It looks as though there is access to a large BLM section in the north west part of the unit. Rt 59 north and county road 26. Eighty four percent of that unit is private. Go to the county map server for that county it'll tell you what roads are county roads. Also look into the Blm maps. Do as much research as you can so you don't go in blind also have a good GPS with the Wyoming map chip.
There aren't many antelope in the section of BLM land. Habitat isn't that good. I drive past it all the time.

If you have acess to a 3700 acre ranch in the unit you will be fine. plenty of goats in that unit just not much for public land.

Hunt somewhere else unless you have access to private. I hunted it in 2017 and filled my tag but I won’t be going back to that area for Antelope.
Why won’t you be returning? Im trying to figure out what is negative about the unit.

Why won’t you be returning? Im trying to figure out what is negative about the unit.
Not enough public land that is good antelope habitat. The largest BLM section in the unit touches a highway but it’s not good antelope ground. I saw probably 200 or so antelope in 5 days on my trip but only one on public land and it’s the one I ended up harvesting. It would be a fantastic unit if you had private access.

Back