Wyoming antelope hunt area 10

I would like to know if anyone on this forum has shot a buck in unit 10 off public land? I’m not asking for any info on the unit. I simply just would like to know if it’s a do-able hunt. I realize there’s very limited public I’ve done my homework. I also realize go hunt has it at a 60 some percent success rate but it doesn’t specify whether that’s off public or private.

I just applied for a leftover tag in area 10. First out of state hunt, kinda applied on a shot in the dark. Was wondering if you went and had any success? Access tips? Have OnX but have never put boots on the ground.

Man, those tags are leftover for a reason. You can get it done out there, but if you look at the map, there's very little accessible public. It's mostly in small little blocks that just have a tiny bit of road intersecting them. Just park there and walk. It will be a different kind of hunt--you'll put a lot of miles on the truck driving around from little accessible chunk to little accessible chunk. And many of those chunks are so small that with a decent pair of binoculars you should be able to tell from the road whether there are antelope on them or not. Good luck.

I would like to know if anyone on this forum has shot a buck in unit 10 off public land? I’m not asking for any info on the unit. I simply just would like to know if it’s a do-able hunt. I realize there’s very limited public I’ve done my homework. I also realize go hunt has it at a 60 some percent success rate but it doesn’t specify whether that’s off public or private.
Thanks for asking about this unit. I bet we are looking at the same chunk of public. Hate to drive from Ohio on a hope that it’s productive

Thanks for asking about this unit. I bet we are looking at the same chunk of public. Hate to drive from Ohio on a hope that it’s productive
There’s an 800 acre chunk adjacent to the interstate - accessibility has been debated . . .

This is just a guess, but I bet most hunters living in Buffalo WY wouldn't drive to 10 to hunt.

I lived in Sheridan for a couple years, the years I didn't draw my main unit it still wasn't worth it to pick up a leftover for this unit 10 minutes out of town, the access is pretty tight and everyone can see the areas you can get on. Best of luck on your hunt.

Back