Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wyoming 2020 Application Booklet now available

That link is the reason I just gave up 12 sheep and moose points. At 150 a shot now I am throwing good money after bad

This link has the total number of non-residents at each point level for deer/elk/antelope.

Link here - https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/content/PDF/Hunting/TOTAL_PREF_POINTS_EDA.pdf
Interesting stuff, thanks for the link. Does anyone know if there is a similar summary of the number of actual applicants at each level? I’ve read through the draw reports that break down each unit/areas drawn out results by point level, but haven’t been able to find a summary of the statewide data. I’d be interested in seeing how many point holders apply hoping for a tag from the random portion of the draw vs how many just wait until they think they are guaranteed to draw a particular tag.

Interesting stuff, thanks for the link. Does anyone know if there is a similar summary of the number of actual applicants at each level? I’ve read through the draw reports that break down each unit/areas drawn out results by point level, but haven’t been able to find a summary of the statewide data. I’d be interested in seeing how many point holders apply hoping for a tag from the random portion of the draw vs how many just wait until they think they are guaranteed to draw a particular tag.

That could be obtained with a little math applied to the draw summaries at this link - https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/Drawing-Odds/2019-Drawing-Odds

January 31, 2020 is the non-resident elk deadline. Lots of changes to pay attention to this year.

Application booklet here - https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/WGFD_APPNARRATIVE.pdf

One thing to keep in mind though, the season dates are not official until they are approved by the Wyoming Game Commission which is generally in April. Current dates are good for guidance but will change slightly, mainly the start and end days. Some areas might have more season date changes due to counts, CWD, and other issues. I don't expect the dates to change significantly, but get a bit of tweaking.

I was wondering where he was seeing the season dates!

LOL could it be because I am a Wyoming resident and look at something different myself? Actually, in the past they used the current season dates in the past and didn't release the actual dates until around April. I don't read the nonresident stuff until someone I hunt with asks me for info. Good thing for nonresidents though is you have until May 8 to change or cancel an application so once dates are approved, you got leeway to back out of it if dates don't work out. There are changes I need to read myself before I start putting in for some of my hunts. BUT they are also not including season dates in the resident game books either.

How does Wyoming refund if you don’t draw? Do they cut you a check or put it back on the card?

How does Wyoming refund if you don’t draw? Do they cut you a check or put it back on the card?

Depends method of payment:
If you pay cash at the main or one of the regional offices, they will mail you a check.
If you paid by credit card, they refund it back to the credit card. If that credit card is expires before they do the refund, they will issue a refund check and mail it to you.
If you paid by check, you get a check send back to you.
You can go to one of the regional offices or the main office and put in for the draw as well as buy OTC licenses.

If I'm remembering correctly, a nr can only apply for the draw online, with a credit/debit card. This came up when people were looking for ways around the 2.5% transaction fee on their Sheep/Moose apps.

Last edited:
If I'm remembering correctly, a nr can only apply for the draw online, with a credit/debit card. This came up when people were looking for ways around the 2.5% transaction fee on their Sheep/Moose apps.

Could be. I am a resident. Plus I work in the State of Wyoming delivering records back and forth to them so I get away with somethings most will not. They do encourage the online process over in-person.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back