WyoDoug Virgin Spring Turkey Hunt 2021 (NOTE: Read post 34 before you post. I had to ask this thread be locked since it's been derailed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update 4/4: Went out for first hunt of spring turkey season. No sign what so ever in my hunt area. I did see a few on private property. Numbers no where near what I saw antelope season 2020. Did some calling, but I think the gobble I got returned was from a human kinda turkey. Oh well, season is not over yet. Time to contact some locals and get ideas.

EDIT: Before you jokers get ideas and the trolls start to troll I am clarifying this post. This ended up being a scouting trip in advance of my main turkey hunt which begins April 20. I did plan to hunt the Gillette area but had no ammo as Sportsmans Warehouse was out. The area around Gillette is open April 1. If you would of read one of my other posts you would of noticed that I could only get little stubby shells so no ammo to hunt which might be good for rabbit but nothing else.

Do you not see what we're seeing and why some aren't buying it? Anyway, there's turkey loads all over the shelves here in Laramie so head on over if you still need some.

Good thing I didn't see any on the oil lease I was hunting on. I had 1 inch stubby shells probably only good for clays. Not sure those would of been good enough but all they had at Sportsmans Warehouse. Ammo shortage is bad in Cheyenne. I didn't think they were going to work and never got to load the shot gun as only way those work in mine is to load them single shot in the chamber. After I got back I was sorting my reloading stuff to sell and found two full cases of shells I used for dove hunting in Colorado which is 18 years ago. They should still be good when I go in my prime hunt area in a few weeks and do real hunting.
Have you used your shotgun at all to see the pattern on your shells?

Do you not see what we're seeing and why some aren't buying it? Anyway, there's turkey loads all over the shelves here in Laramie so head on over if you still need some.
Not in Cheyenne. I found a couple cases in my reloading stuff that is maybe 18 years old. Still should bee good.

I was tired when I got back from Gillette plus I didn't have the right shells so I didn't even load up. 5 hour ride. Shoulda waited to post. But some are not reading the season dates before they chime in. I stopped in the area I want to hunt that is not open until April 20 but didn't find anything there. Gillette is pretty good at giving info where they area at but no one has seen any in areas I could hunt. I am seeing them close to where I want to hunt in later part of the month. But not in the public or private area I got permissions on. They were there in March before the storm. Turned into a scouting trip when I stopped for dinner on way home and played with my calls.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back