WyoDoug 2022 Elk Hunt (plus bear and deer)

WyoDoug

Well, almost lost 2022 to health issues. Got locked up in the hospital in June with a second bowel obstruction and was scheduled to go under the knife in the evening but around noon the obstruction gave and move through. Not sure what is doing it yet but have livestyle changes especially with diet in the works.

July I had second bout with RSV and swore up and down it had to be COVID but the doctor swears up and down it was RSV which as serious especially with seniors because once the fluid gets into the lungs, it kills faster than COVID does. Least that is what the doc said.

Plus I have been fighting fatty liver desease with cysts building up on my liver. This causes fatigue that is sometimes extreme and hits you with no warning and all you want to do then is sleep.

So....I almost gave up hunting at all. Already wrote off my antelope ticket because now I have to work to make sure I got funding for hunting. We are scheduled for 23rd through 1st and looking to fill elk, bear, and deer.

For elk, license is valid for any elk so looking for descent bull or any mature cow. I will not deliberately take a calf.

Deer is any antelered deer and part of the season in our area overlaps elk so looking for any legal buck.

Bear will be toughest one so if I see any with oysters hanging, it gets a bullet. Again, no sows or cubs obviously. Hard to hunt in area I will hunt because idiots shoot sows and cubs and the mortality rate shuts hunting down for everyone.

So praying for a good hunt. I will have physical limitations but my buddies are aware of them and have a plan.

Yer Whoopin Butt WYO!!! Yer gonna get out and yer gonna slay 'em. You got it and yer gonna nail it!!

May the wind be in your face and your shot run true. Enjoying being out >> stuck at home convalescing.

Well, almost lost 2022 to health issues. Got locked up in the hospital in June with a second bowel obstruction and was scheduled to go under the knife in the evening but around noon the obstruction gave and move through. Not sure what is doing it yet but have livestyle changes especially with diet in the works.

July I had second bout with RSV and swore up and down it had to be COVID but the doctor swears up and down it was RSV which as serious especially with seniors because once the fluid gets into the lungs, it kills faster than COVID does. Least that is what the doc said.

Plus I have been fighting fatty liver desease with cysts building up on my liver. This causes fatigue that is sometimes extreme and hits you with no warning and all you want to do then is sleep.

So....I almost gave up hunting at all. Already wrote off my antelope ticket because now I have to work to make sure I got funding for hunting. We are scheduled for 23rd through 1st and looking to fill elk, bear, and deer.

For elk, license is valid for any elk so looking for descent bull or any mature cow. I will not deliberately take a calf.

Deer is any antelered deer and part of the season in our area overlaps elk so looking for any legal buck.

Bear will be toughest one so if I see any with oysters hanging, it gets a bullet. Again, no sows or cubs obviously. Hard to hunt in area I will hunt because idiots shoot sows and cubs and the mortality rate shuts hunting down for everyone.

So praying for a good hunt. I will have physical limitations but my buddies are aware of them and have a plan.
I'll be up your way next week for the rifle hunt. I'll gladly come help you if you need help. Hit me up, I'll send my phone number as a PM. I've got two strong boys with me (28 & 16 years if age) and they'd be happy to help too.

Jesse

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back