MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

WY WIA #7, Campbell Cty

Gunner46

Anybody hunted this WIA ? There seems to be a lot of BLM land around it as well. Just looking to fill a coupe of doe tags.

Could care less about where you hunted on the WIA, just did you hunt there and am I wasting my time to drive the 2+ hrs, or not ?

It gets hammered opening week and is more deer country than antelope. I've only been in the area once and would not go back. If you only have doe permits, I'd go out the second week and gain access on one of the ranches in 23 and most will let you shoot does for free. You could fall back on the BLM and WIHA as a last resort, but I don't think that would be necessary.

Last edited:
Yeah, I planned on the last week all along. Figured I'd rather hunt at my own pace than dodge a horde. The doe tags are just a bonus if, &/or, when I fill my type 1 Lope tag in unit 8 and Region B deer tag. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I planned on the last week all along. Figured I'd rather hunt at my own pace than dodge a horde. The doe tags are just a bonus if, &/or, when I fill my type 1 Lope tag in unit 8 and Region B deer tag. Thanks for the info.

Good luck on the B deer tag, as that will be a tough one to fill unless you have a decent ranch lined up to hunt on. You should be able to get a good goat and fill the doe tags, especially this year with the good moisture out there.

Back