Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

WY-to hunt or not to hunt....

josh

In light of the tough winter Wyoming is having, I am wondering if anyone will be changing their plans on hunting there or anywhare else out that way?
I will still apply for tags..

THAT IS THE QUESTION!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I will still by tags!HEHE Just in case!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

http://www.huntandlodge.com/Boykin/outfitter.html
www.huntandlodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

I mailed my application and $ yesterday. Still gotta hunt, maybe I won't draw and I can do the MT lion. Guess if it looks real bad I could pull my app. Before the drawing. It is just my luck the year I finally get my dream hunt a bad winter comes along.
We are on our fourth mild winter in a row and the elk and deer are in awesome shape. Should be a good season here next fall.

------------------
Live to Hunt-Terry aka Coydog.
coyote4.gif

I'm still planning on deer in northern WY. Will be the first year since 95 not trying for southern WY lopes. ...all on account of what the weather is doing. Fact is the older age class animals get nailed real hard in these types of situations and I'm not interested in making a trip that far for a low quality meat hunt.

Bcat, just getting to spend a week down there hunting and meetin you guys and spending time enjoying the whole experience will make the hunt a success. Whether big bucks are harvested or not, I measure a good hunt by the little things and friends made. It will be fun for all. And I'm sure we will see a deer. Thanks for the encouragement.

------------------
Live to Hunt-Terry aka Coydog.
coyote4.gif

My apps are in (thanks she-cat) and come hell or high water i will be there! Even if i do not draw, I got a cat tag and WTF, just being with cuz and the rest of you will be an adventure in itself! I may have to film a documentry on "the native hunters" while i am with the gathering crew! what a bunch of animals they are!

^ years hunting on the web and I have NEVER saw a group this large come together. Thanks to the founders!! This is not just a hunt, but an adventure! PSSST!! cuz, pass the scotch
smile.gif

------------------
sneaky.gif

IF YA CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DAWGS, KEEP YOUR ARSE ON THE PORCH

http://www.geocities.com/thumper_67.geo

Terry
Just because the winter is bad dosent mean there wont be some big ones out there. The winter kill usaly gets the week and the young, It wont be this years harvest thats going to be bad its the next two years to come that will be afected the most.
I had to brighten up everybodys day!!!

------------------
Good Luck
The Greek

popeye_brut.gif

Unless ya'll are talkin about lack of snow then i dont think the winter will be bad.....im more worried about the fire season next yr

------------------
If there isn't any dogs in heaven .....IAINT GOIN

Wolfer-I dont know where you are in Wyoming but where I am at its been a tough winter. We have lots of snow and its been cold for at least 2 and a half months I mean 20 below at night and not over 20 above in the daytime. Its been tough on the deer for sure. After the drought last summer, the deer went into the winter a litle skinnier than normal and the cold hasnt helped it. Something called temperature inversions!!!! I dont know but I am starting to get real worried down here! I hear up north there isnt much snow! bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

http://www.huntandlodge.com/Boykin/outfitter.html
www.huntandlodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

Doug, you're right. Not much snow up here. In fact all the snowmobilers are cryin the blues. However - it's snowing like crazy right now so we may be butt deep to a tall giraffe by morning.

------------------
cros_anm.gif

If, by the luck of Gods of the darw I get a tag for WY. I will be there!!I know that One or two will make it, tis the nature of things! Hey I only want one or two!
Be safe, have fun!
deadeye2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back