WY - So after 1st choice, do I have any hope?

ChrisAU

Me and my buddy have 2 points a piece. I've been researching quite some time and have 2 units narrowed in on that I think would suit our needs, but here is the catch. Both draw out 100% on first choice, but 1 is a slam dunk with 2 points and one is maybe 50/50 chance or a little better depending on creep. Both were 100% draw with 2 points last year.

We want to go this year, period, and we like these two units because of their HMAs that should suit our style, camp and glass vs road hunting.

So should I put the slam dunk as 1st choice and sleep easy, or put the other unit as first choice and risk having to find a crappy 0pt unit to put as 2nd choice?

Just wondering what others here would do. This will be our first time in WY, first antelope hunt.

In your shoes, given that I must draw this year - the one I think is "slam dunk" every time. Because in my experience in recent years, if you have even small doubt that you won't have enough points to draw it - you won't.

I would do the slam dunk. Only units that have had second choice options the last year or 2 have been units will mostly private la d

Just depends if you want to go to that 50/50 unit a lot more than the slam dunk unit. If it doesn't matter much, for sure go slam dunk.

If you want to go, period, I’d put in for your slam dunk and a second choice - point creep can do crazy things. I put in for a good chance second choice last year and it wasn’t even close - ended up tagging out in the third choice. Good luck.

There are very few slam dunks anymore! If you want to hunt apply for the slammer and you still better not start packing truck,lots of people applying some with drastically higher points so crazy things happen. Good luck

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back