Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

WY Pronghorn/Deer Doe Question

My last question on this topic I promise :) if I draw a doe Deer this year, as first choice, can I buy a deerbpreference point this year?

My last question on this topic I promise :) if I draw a doe Deer this year, as first choice, can I buy a deerbpreference point this year?

Yep, the only thing that keeps you from buying a PP is if you draw a first choice buck license. If any of you guys have other questions, just fire away. Most of this stuff is old hat for me after hunting out here for 20 years like I have, as well as most of the resident guys on here.

Geez, it's no wonder us non-residents get confused. I'm sorry, but my eyes glazed over by the third post. Sometimes it feels like you need to be a statistician or lawyer to understand this stuff. I feel like if I tried to apply for any of this stuff, I'd show up in the wrong season, with the wrong tag, with the wrong weapon, with no way of accessing where I'm supposed to hunt.

I know I'm being a little dramatic, but it really is mind-boggling.

Emrah

I am in --- applying to Wyoming for the first time since 1998.

Kind of exciting, not sure if I did it right, but they took my money.

>Doe and fawn tags.

Antelope - Applying & Preference Points

Different question for Buzz or TG or others,

I'm looking at an antelope unit that I probably won't have the PPs to draw. Can I apply for it as my first choice and then buy the PP later after I find out if I've drawn in the random?

Or the same question another way. Can I apply by May 31 and if I don't draw a tag, buy a preference point later before the cut-off in a second transaction?

~ AO

If you apply for, then draw a buck tag, then no you can't double dip and also buy a point.

If you apply for, and don't draw a buck tag, then you will be awarded a point. No need for the second transaction.

Different question for Buzz or TG or others,

I'm looking at an antelope unit that I probably won't have the PPs to draw. Can I apply for it as my first choice and then buy the PP later after I find out if I've drawn in the random?

/B]
Or the same question another way. Can I apply by May 31 and if I don't draw a tag, buy a preference point later before the cut-off in a second transaction?

~ AO

YES to both questions. The only way you can't buy a PP in a calendar year is if you put in for the draw and get a buck tag as your first choice. Getting a tag as a second or third choice or a leftover doesn't cause you to lose your PPs. If you buy a PP during the application period (1/1 to 5/31) and draw a first choice tag even in the random draw they will refund that PP money and zero whatever points you went into the draw with. If you put in for the draw and don't buy the PP then, you can buy it during the PP application only period later in the year.

Last edited:
I'm about to "dumb down" this discussion in a hurry :). Here is what I don't understand. If I have a PP and do not get drawn for my first three choices am I given another PP automatically (total of 2 pp now) or does that allow me the option to buy another PP (again, I have 2 now)?

I'm about to "dumb down" this discussion in a hurry :). Here is what I don't understand. If I have a PP and do not get drawn for my first three choices am I given another PP automatically (total of 2 pp now) or does that allow me the option to buy another PP (again, I have 2 now)?

If you choose the 'With Preference Point option' check box when applying, you will pay the extra $30 upon applying, and will automatically be awarded the point if you don't draw.

If you choose the 'Without Preference Point' option and don't draw, you won't pay the extra $30 upon application, and can purchase a point (for $30) later if you don't draw your 1st choice.

If you're accumulating points, there's really no reason not to choose the 'With PP' option

Edit: Here's a screenshot of that choice from the Online Application:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back