Caribou Gear Tarp

Wy points?

Dieseldog

So i got an email todayfrom Epic that said you have to buy a point now for WY for elk, deer and antelope even if you applied in the regular draw. Am i interpreting that correct? That if i applied in the NR elk draw in January and was unsuccessful that i will not be awarded a point unless I do it now?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190702-131313_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20190702-131313_Email.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 24
WY used to allow for buying point as applied for elk/deer/pronghorn but so many NR applications were successful that this led to a lot of refund checks for points since you are not able to acquire a point if draw 1st Choice. Now, the points for elk/deer/pronghorn are available for purchase July 1 - October 31...if you did not draw a 1st choice for the species.

WY used to allow for buying point as applied for elk/deer/pronghorn but so many NR applications were successful that this led to a lot of refund checks for points since you are not able to acquire a point if draw 1st Choice. Now, the points for elk/deer/pronghorn are available for purchase July 1 - October 31...if you did not draw a 1st choice for the species.
That was implemented for people that did not apply in the drawing correct? And gave them a 2nd chance to not fall behind a year on points. Now they are saying that even tho i applied in January for a limited elk tag that I did not draw. My 9 points dont become 10 unless i buy a point now?

My 9 points dont become 10 unless i buy a point now?

I believe that's correct.

Go into the app system and see if it's grayed out or not.

I only couldn't buy deer points because they took my deer points this year. But I did not draw my first choice antelope tag and I bought a point yesterday, along with an elk point.

You didn't have the option to buy a point during the draw this year. You had to wait until now. So your application was an application for your tag/license only- and did not include a preference point if you didn't draw. I believe this is the first year Wyoming started this new system.

I thought I read somewhere this change was the result of substantial confusion about point levels in a given year...either way, I believe the answer is yes, applications don't allow point purchases so anyone that wants a point needs to buy them separately.

So no FREE point if you did not draw a tag,only get a point now if you pay for it,typical Wildlife Dept. making money for doing nothing.

So no FREE point if you did not draw a tag,only get a point now if you pay for it,typical Wildlife Dept. making money for doing nothing.

They were never FREE. You choose to pay the point fee up front when submitting your app. If you didn’t draw your 1st choice you were awarded the point and a tag if you drew 2nd or 3rd choice.
If you drew your 1st choice you were awarded a tag and a refund for the point fee if you choose to submit it at the same time.
For 2019 you can not submit the point fee and must purchase them during the open period.
Seems like less hassle for the F&G to me. Now they don’t have to issue refunds for point fees.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back