WY Leftover Draw Results 2021

15-6 doe antelope tags

i may go, i may not. i think i could get it done up there in the land of squirrely access but i'm really not sure i'll have time to drive to gawdamn sheridan.
Killed a couple a few years ago after the type 1 season ended. Not easy. They don't live on much of the state land around Sheridan. Message me if you want a little more info.

It should be fun to see the HT threads later in the year from whomever drew 38-2 antelope tags asking for advice about where they and the other 399 tags can actually hunt. The tag was supposed to better distribute hunters on private...now I think it will just overwhelm what little public there is.

It should be fun to see the HT threads later in the year from whomever drew 38-2 antelope tags asking for advice about where they and the other 399 tags can actually hunt. The tag was supposed to better distribute hunters on private...now I think it will just overwhelm what little public there is.
Theres going to be a lot of disappointed holders of antelope, deer and even elk tags. Going to be a expensive lesson learned for a few.

Any chance of OTC NR antelope tags?
Yes, you can buy doe tags for Area 10 starting at 8am MST the 12th, I believe. The only other options (buck or doe) are only valid on private land. But...the fact that there are leftover tags in 10 should tell you something about how likely it is you'll get an antelope on public land in 10.

The amount of people who are now realizing that their 23-2, 24-2, 23-7 and 24-7 tags are only valid on private land is pretty funny.

Even though I'm a mean ole Wyoming resident hell bent on destroying the very future of hunting I feel bad for any NR who made that mistake. Having to pay trespass fees or cancel a trip altogether may put a worse taste in their mouth than not drawing would have

I picked up an antelope doe tag to go with my regular draw general deer tag. Not a lot of public in the unit I drew but last time I hunted it sight unseen I had a doe down on public 4 hours after setting foot on the unit. I love antelope meat! At worst I'm not eating an expensive tag.

Access question...
Didn't draw in the regular, did pick up a leftover antelope tag however it is a second choice type 7. Can a type 7 tag holder legally hunt on Walk In Area property as it is technically "private", or once it's enrolled is that considered public? Can't seem to find anything on the WIA regs. Thanks!

Access question...
Didn't draw in the regular, did pick up a leftover antelope tag however it is a second choice type 7. Can a type 7 tag holder legally hunt on Walk In Area property as it is technically "private", or once it's enrolled is that considered public? Can't seem to find anything on the WIA regs. Thanks!
I'm assuming your type 7 license has the "valid on private land" stipulation? Because not all type 7 licenses have that requirement. It could be a different area than the type 6 or a different season. But assuming that, as far as I know you can hunt the Walk in areas. As long as they are private land! Some walk in areas that I've been looking at are actually state land. But if it's private land then you should be good.

Access question...
I've run across the same thing and had the same question. Following...

The amount of people who are now realizing that their 23-2, 24-2, 23-7 and 24-7 tags are only valid on private land is pretty funny.
It is funny as hell. My family’s ranch is in that area, and we used to pick up Type 2 licenses over the counter right before the hunt. There’s going to be a whole lot of frustrated hunters that deserve every bit of what they get.

I messed up a couple of years ago and ended up with 23-7 tags for my son and I. I spent alot of time and effort that summer, trying to secure access and it did eventually work out for us. This is my son (12 at the time) with his first big game kill. He was able to pass the rifle to me and I took one from the same herd. Good luck to all the folks trying to figure it out. Don't give up easy!
IMG_2891.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back