WY Green River

masmcclintock

I drew a WY unit 95 elk tag and will be up there mid Sept. My brother and I will be going up from TX and hopefully have about 10 days to spend there. If we get a bull somewhat early, then we want to shift our gears to the water. Has anyone fly fished around Pinedale? I've heard that the Green River is spectacular and I assume the tributaries are as well. Thanks

You'll be in bear country be safe and bear aware.
Fishing should be great, low water and spinning tackle or fly fishing should be good. You might talk with some fishing guides out of Pinedale for advice too. Most are more than willing to give advice on where and how to fish local waters, patterns that work that time of the year.

Good luck, that's a drive from Texas. Check the weather and road conditions before you head up here, closures can be a headache for travelers in fall and winter.

Spent a few days camping and fishing up there with the family a few years ago. There are definitely worse places in world

5A63842D-6D9C-4C2A-BD7C-60635417C7FD.jpg

The fishing in the upper Green was good. Nothing big but a lot of cooperative fish.

If you were going to pay for a trip I'd book a float down the New Fork. The Great Outdoor Shop is recommended by my local friends.

If the water cools down in Unit 95 The brookies should be spawning and hit lures hard. You have some high mountain lakes in your unit that were stocked by Finis Mitchell way back.

Fantastic fishing there. If you go DIY, call local shops for patterns and flows.

Thanks everyone for their responses! We look forward to getting up there and will hit the local guides up or hire one if we have time!

Beta
“Flow should be low. Walk fishing will be good above the Warren bridge including up to the Green River lakes.
South of Pinedale Seedskadee Natl Wildlife refuge (lower Green River) Good wade fishing there and on BLM lands
Fly shop in Pinedale - Two Rivers are really good about beta
Access for the New Fork south of Pinedale @ The airport site”

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back