WY Elk Units and Outfitters

smokepolepaul

I am planning to hunt Elk in about 3 years and would like suggestions/input on any areas and outfitters to look at. Have been in touch with a few that hunt the following Unit 60, 70, 71, 96, 97 and 59.

Looking for a guided pack in wilderness hunt.

Paul

I don't know all of Wyoming real well but if I were going I'd go with Lee Livingston out of Cody. Wild country, great guide.

CabinFever,
Thanks for the post. Lee is one of the outfitters I have contacted. Waiting to hear back from him.

Do you know what unit he hunts?

I would try Jake Clark of Wyoming Wilderness Outfitters as well. Great people. Big contributor to RMEF as well. I had a trip with him and he did more than expected.

Jake Clark is known as one of the best. Make sure and buy a PP for $50 each year until you apply so you'll be able to draw a tag.

units 70 and 71 have bear and wolf issues. I would check out Mule Shoe Outfitters as they hunt 96 and 97. You could draw these tags as second choice or even leftover.

A fella by the name of B'cat was the best I ever knew.....he's out of Encampment and works the Huston Wilderness area. DS

Thanks fellas! This will help a bunch.

I was concerned about 70 & 71 as I have been told that is one of the Yellowstone herds that has suffered depredation issues.

Paul

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back