WY Draw question

prhunter

Does Wyoming only consider the first two choices like Arizona does or are all three choices looked at like New Mexico does? Thank you in advance

It’s different from both NM and AZ. Think of it like 3 draws. They do a draw looking at everyone’s first choice. People who draw on first choice are taken out and the people who didn’t draw on first choice then go through the second choice draw for tags that are still available. Then repeat for third choice. Basically, if the license quota is smaller than the number of first choice applicants, don’t put that tag for second or third choice.

Hope that makes sense

One more question:

If I apply for buck pronghorn and doe pronghorn but I'm unsuccessful on the buck tag... will I be able to return the doe tags if I happen to draw those?

One more question:

If I apply for buck pronghorn and doe pronghorn but I'm unsuccessful on the buck tag... will I be able to return the doe tags if I happen to draw those?

When you apply for a doe tag, there is a check box that says something like “withdraw this application if buck tag not drawn”

You would check that box and not be entered into the doe drawing if your buck app is unsuccessful, if that’s what you want

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but only to add another question.If you have health problems after you draw a tag, can you turn in the tag with some type of refund? I tried looking and it may only cost you an applicanton fee?

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but only to add another question.If you have health problems after you draw a tag, can you turn in the tag with some type of refund? I tried looking and it may only cost you an applicanton fee?

It depends on a lot of variables but there is a process for this very situation. Had a guy I work with hurt both hands at work, required surgery and couldn't hunt with a phenomenal tag he finally drew. Long story short, he called G&F and they set him straight. They deferred his tag to the next season, but if I remember correctly he had to have it deferred before the season started.

To get your license deferred a year you need to get a letter from your doctor and make your request to G&F prior to the season starting. Then there is a process, a simple one, to get your license the following year.

ClearCreek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back