Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

WY deer unit 98

C'mon, I know some of you have at least antelope hunted in this unit, it's antelope unit 61.

I'm just looking for a thumbs up or down.

Last edited:
Hey Toad.

I live down here by it and spend quite a bit of time out there. Very low deer densities. Bout as low as I've ever seen in Wyoming to be brutally honest. There are some bucks in that unit dying of old age, however. Every now and then (once every 2 years....) I'll see a 170 type deer just standing by the side of the road and then I'll make 10 trips into that country and never see a deer.

The hunt dates don't really get you anything special. You'll drive by lots of deer to come this way but if you get a wild hair, shoot me a PM and I'll give you a few places to start. I personally think you'll be better off hunting a general hunt in your neck of the woods..............

- Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

Thanks Cade for the response, I just have been intrigued by the restricted weapon aspect of the unit, and I have heard about the bucks dying of old age in there. We have some nice critters up my way, but like they say the grass is always greener.

I guess all the big bucks are right in town in Rawlins then? :D

Thanks for the offer, and I will PM you if I get serious about heading down there.

Couple more while I'm at it............:p

IMAG0074.jpg

mulie 004.jpg

mulie 007.jpg

rawlins09.jpg

rawlins092.jpg

rawlins093.jpg

rawlins094.jpg

I have a buddy that sells caskets as a side business. He offered to get me a casket in Realtree to set up in the cemetery for a blind............. Don't think I'll need it.

- Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

Is it legal to shoot while pallbearers are carrying you?

You could get a big bull there...:D

Dont hold your breath, I applied there all through the 90's before it was a known unit, never did draw. I had permission on all the best ranches as well, hunted deer on all of them and saw some whopper bulls every year.

I saw 2 bulls there that I think about from time-to-time...one in 1994, a clean 6x6...my goodness what a bull. The other a 7x6 in about 1997, If I've ever seen a net booner all-time bull, probably was that one. Sure was wishing I had that tag when I saw those bulls...

Probably 2 of the best bulls I've ever seen anywhere.

You could get a big bull there...:D

Dont hold your breath, I applied there all through the 90's before it was a known unit, never did draw. I had permission on all the best ranches as well, hunted deer on all of them and saw some whopper bulls every year.

I saw 2 bulls there that I think about from time-to-time...one in 1994, a clean 6x6...my goodness what a bull. The other a 7x6 in about 1997, If I've ever seen a net booner all-time bull, probably was that one. Sure was wishing I had that tag when I saw those bulls...

Probably 2 of the best bulls I've ever seen anywhere.

I usually hunt bulls there every year. I happen to be allowed to hunt there as an exclusive "member", if you catch my drift :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back