WY applicant survey. Special or Regular?

Terry aka Coydog

I was wondering those who are hunting WY during the gathering or with Bcat, how many are applying for deer and antelope and did you apply Special or regular draw? Thought it would be interesting to see how many of us are paying the extra $100.

------------------
Live to Hunt-Terry aka Coydog.
coyote4.gif

Terry-I wish i knew what to tell those applying in Wyoming, whether they hunt with me , coome to the gathering or just want to hunt Wyoming. I used to think if ya really wanted to hunt Wyoming, go for the extra 100 bucks, but I am not sure it makes alot of difference. It seemed to me until last year, those that applied and paid the extra bucks, got tags at a higher rate than the ones that didnt. Last year made me wonder if that was a correct assessment. I too am curios as to how people fell about the extra 100 bucks. It doesnt seem right to me to use money as a factor of the draw system, but I dont make the laws!! Shouldnt be that way tho!!!! bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

http://www.huntandlodge.com/Boykin/outfitter.html
www.huntandlodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

I am putting the extra $100 for deer and Regular draw for antelope. I really want an antelope tag but think its not worth the exta $100 to up my odds of drawing by only 8%. I thought the extra $100 was worth how much it upped the odds for deer. But the drawing indexes fluctuate year to year so its a crap shoot. I am putting in for a reduced price doe antelope in case I don't draw buck maybe I'll get that. At least I could get one to see what they taste like!
I have put in for WY special draw for antelope the last three times and didn't draw. It's just plain whether your # comes up or not!!
------------------
Live to Hunt-Terry aka Coydog.
coyote4.gif

[This message has been edited by Terry aka Coydog (edited 02-03-2001).]

Terry,

I paid the extra for the elk, deer and lope draw! I figure what the hell! If it helps me better my chances, then I want to go for it!! if not, then I will get the money back!

It is a shame that you MIGHT get an advantage over others for paying more! Like Cuz said " I don't make the laws"

------------------
sneaky.gif

IF YA CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DAWGS, KEEP YOUR ARSE ON THE PORCH

http://www.geocities.com/thumper_67.geo

I spent the extra $200 for the special elk drawing, I really want that tag !

Thanks guys for making my chances better in the regular draw.
smile.gif
smile.gif
For elk that is.

------------------
Chambo

gunslinger.gif

IF IT WAS EASY EVERYBODY WOULD BE DOING IT !!!

QUITTERS NEVER WIN AND WINNERS NEVER QUIT
http://www.hunttalk.com

I, too, want that bull tag something TERRIBLE, so I coughed-up the extra $200. Like Thump said, you get the money back if you don't draw. Applying for the special draw upped the odds to nearly 50% chance for drawing a tag.

Antelope, however, was piss-poor odds no matter which draw one applied for. So: I figured the hell with it and just put in for the regular.

Not so fast Chambo, I went with the Reg. draw also. I got lucky last on the elk draw with the cheap one so this year I will try again. Last year six of my friends from PA. put in together, Party hunt, paid the big buck and did not get tags, it was the first time in 4 years that they didn't get drawn.
bE safe, have fun!
deadeye2

Judging from this thread, we may be in trouble Yooper and Thump. I too sent in for the special elk. Did you guys apply for a specific unit? or a GEN tag.

I put in for the general. I hope to hell WY doesn't have an influx of new applicants because of Colorado going to a draw system.

If so... we could be in big trouble.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back