PEAX Equipment

WY ANTELOPE UNIT 89 or 101

elkrchr

Hello fellow Hunt Talkers. I'll start off by saying I've already talked to biologists and wardens for these two areas and will reach out to them again later in the spring to determine if the winter had an impact. I've spent a fair amount of time fishing the Pinedale, WY area and even was lucky enough to draw a late mule deer tag for WY Unit 130 ten years back (which is close to antelope unit 101). I'm somewhat familiar with the general area, but I would really appreciate input from folks who have either hunted these two areas or live in the area and could provide some insight. Both units have good to excellent public access. I'm looking to bring my wife on this trip and this would be her first hunting foray to the great state of WY. We'll average 9 points going into the draw, so we should draw either unit. I look forward to hearing what people have to say and if you feel more comfortable sending a PM, by all means please do so.

Honestly, the hardest part is behind you....having the points. The animals will be there. Pick one of those units and you can be done ten minutes on the first day of your hunt or drag it out until you find "the" buck.

Hello fellow Hunt Talkers. I'll start off by saying I've already talked to biologists and wardens for these two areas and will reach out to them again later in the spring to determine if the winter had an impact. I've spent a fair amount of time fishing the Pinedale, WY area and even was lucky enough to draw a late mule deer tag for WY Unit 130 ten years back (which is close to antelope unit 101). I'm somewhat familiar with the general area, but I would really appreciate input from folks who have either hunted these two areas or live in the area and could provide some insight. Both units have good to excellent public access. I'm looking to bring my wife on this trip and this would be her first hunting foray to the great state of WY. We'll average 9 points going into the draw, so we should draw either unit. I look forward to hearing what people have to say and if you feel more comfortable sending a PM, by all means please do so.
I hunted 101 in 2011 and again last fall. Tons of goats mostly 13 to14 inchers probably bigger ones got killed early we went 3rd week never saw another hunter.

Has WY introduced the $2,000 pronghorn tag yet? Someone is crunching the numbers to say to get that ball rolling....well, we took the average of a few states for similar 4-legged mammals and we are in line with what they are charging. Or, well, you know the state-wide tag for one of the other states went for multiple times $2,000 so that is a good number.

I just wanted to thank everyone who responded to my post, either openly on the forum or through PM. All the information is much appreciated! Now, I just need to wait and see how the winter plays out.

We have had a lot of snow and cold temps this winter. WY F&G just opened some emergency feeding area for elk in near 89. Both units have lots of antelope and trophy potential. I would apply to the unit with the best odds of getting the tag.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back