Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wy 2017 dates?

JonathonJEB

I been looking on the game and fish website for dates for 2017 antelope season. This will be my first year hunting out there so this is all new to me. I have my 3 unit choices picked out but I am trying to find out when the season opens. Will it always be on a Saturday? Are the tentative dates on the website for the 2017 season? Will we know the season dates before the app deadline? And do all units have there on opening day?

The tentative dates are posted. I talked to a biologist few weeks ago and he said the tentative dates more than likely won't change. I believe the actual dates are in place before the application deadline.

Go to the Wyoming game and fish site. Click on "Hunting in Wyoming"- scroll down and click "Hunting Application Dates/Deadlines Booklet" under the quick links area. The tentative start dates are listed.

The tentative dates are posted. I talked to a biologist few weeks ago and he said the tentative dates more than likely won't change. I believe the actual dates are in place before the application deadline.

That's correct. The dates now showing are the opening dates and dates are not set to open on a Saturday as asked by the OP. The Final Regulations will be signed off by the Commission in late April and are then posted on the website with opening and closing dates, as well as total tags to be issued for each unit. That total is for both residents and NRs. That gives everyone a full month to decide what to apply for before the closing application date of 5/31.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back