WTS/WTT - NM Elk/Antelope Landowner Tags

joestrow

Short description: New Mexico Unit 50/archery elk/either sex/unit wide tag & Unit 50 pronghorn/mature buck/ranch only/any legal weapon tag.

WTS as a package deal for $2,500.

WTT for big game western hunting rifle/Mathews VRX 28 plus cash/high end spotting scope with tripod. Something that will be in the same ballpark value wise.

Long description: my best friend and I were amongst the many people who struck out on tags this year. As soon as the results came out, I went on a mission to find a hunt for us. After lots of searching, I purchased us a pair of unit wide elk archery tags and some really unique pronghorn tags. Unfortunately, my friend can’t make either of the hunts this year due to the craziness of our current world. Hence this ad to sell/trade his set of tags. I have invested a ridiculous amount of time scouting so I am keeping my pair.

The elk tag can be used for either the first (September 1-14) or second (September 15-24) archery hunt.

The antelope tags are part of the brand new Pronghorn Conservation Recognition Program (PCRP). The program awards landowners who make improvements on their property to support antelope. The tags are unique because they can be used for any 3 consecutive days from August 15-December 31. They are also for any legal weapon. For the draw, unit 50 is only archery and muzzleloader. The ranch is 1,300 acres and located between the 3 mountains on the northern end of the unit (pot/montosa/aire).

The only unavailable dates on the antelope tags are when there is corresponding non-archery hunt going on. The ranch owner doesn’t want too many hunters on his property at the same time. So no antelope hunting during the elk rifle hunts (Oct 10-21)(Nov 7-11)(Nov 21-25)(Dec 26-30) or deer rifle hunts (Oct 24-Nov 4). Even with those dates out, there are still a ridiculous amount of 3 days windows. Can even plan on overlapping with the elk archery tag so you can be hunting both species at the same time.

I told the rancher I’d let him know ahead of time when I plan to be on his property either scouting or hunting. Whoever gets the tags will need to show that same respect.

Please feel free to call/text me with any questions.

Last edited:
Antelope tag is gone. Traded it for a rifle. No more having to borrow one from my brother! Now I need a scope for my 6.5 Creedmoor . . .

Elk tag is still available. Still looking to trade for a VXR 28, spotting scope, or scope for my recently acquired rifle. I put the tag value at $1,750. More than willing to discuss partial trade plus cash. Not my preference, but will also consider another rifle or high end bow with a 27 DL/60-70#.

Last edited:
I can get another elk tag if anyone is looking to chase some bulges in NM. Price/trade value drop to $1250 since we’re so close to season.

Back