WTB Lab Puppy???

dustyhunter

Anyone have any ideas where to find good labs for sale. I would like a registered male lab. Color is not important but I am looking for a certain type of look. I lost my dog at the beginning of this year after 13 great years of hunting. I may be interested in another one for my father as well. Thanks in advance.

don't really have anyplace specific to send you, but you might see if there's a retriever club in your area through akc or ukc, and from there, see if there are members with litters. These dogs would be more likely to be cnm/eic clear, hips, eyes, elbows guaranteed, etc than sometimes you find with sportsmans warehouse dogs. Sorry to hear about your friend, and I'll say that puppy breath cures some difficult times.
Walt

http://www.ducks.org/states/22/events/event22093.html

Not sure if this is the same as the event I attended a few years back, though it was a fundraiser, auction - etc at Bretz RV in Missoula... DU was a fantastic event - there were 2 or 3 top rated Lab breeder/trainers...

Anyhow, for what it is worth... Good luck in your search.

Moonstone Labs out of Bigfork, Mt. (www.moonstonelabs.com) I have black male from them. He has been the most trainable and by far the smartest dog I've ever owned. Also, go to retrievertraining.net. go to the forum, they have a classified section there.

isnt diamond r kennels in belgrade? they might be on the spendy side tho

Moonstone had a litter that I really liked last year or the year before. If I remember correctly, they were asking $1,600. That helped make my decision. That being said, I just sent them an email asking about a future pairing.

Diamond R does produce some great labs. I forgot all about them. They are way closer then bigfork. There is also Blacktail Labs north of Butte. I've trained with Kris Hunt a few times and her dogs are very nice and retrieving machines. You've also got Jazztime labs out of Charlo, Mt, Double M Kennels out in Sidney, Mt. You also can contact the Tottens with nightwind training, they would know of some great litters from around the area. They are located in Twin Bridges. I've trained with most of these guys and they all have really nice dogs. But I'd lean a little towards Moonstone labs, they are great people and will work with you.:)

MTMILLER- Sorry about your loss, Koda, my black lab is out of Molly and Biscuit from 2 years ago. Bill and Sarita are absolutely wonderful to work with. Every time we are in close to Big Fork we stop in to say hi. Koda is worth every penny. Not only did I get a great dog but we got some really good friends. (See my post under hunting dog thread for a pic.)

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss.....puppy breath does help but it does not erase the memory of a once in a life time dawg...MtMiller had one, I currently have one....it will not be easy to part....even with puppy breath!

dusty,

Best of luck on the search. I'm considering a labrador also....If I found a the right one, it'd be hard to say no. I'm also considering GSP's and GWP's. We'll see what shows up in the next while.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back