Caribou Gear Tarp

Wouldn’t mind 20 of these

Heading up "Nort" Saturday for a week and hope to have a limit of those tasty beauties as well as a variety of others for the freezer!

Wish I had someone videoing it. My almost 3 year old was the one who reeled it in. I held the middle of the pole up but she had the end and the reel. Reeling as fast as she could

Wish I had someone videoing it. My almost 3 year old was the one who reeled it in. I held the middle of the pole up but she had the end and the reel. Reeling as fast as she could
Haha! That's awesome! Proud papa making it happen all the while, she did it.

I don't know of any around where I live. When I was in Montana there was a lake just west of Kalispell that had them and I fished through the ice for them. Spend what fishing time I can these days on Crappie and Channel cats. Looking to start on Walleye. Everyone say they are good eating, unless they are from Oregon then they call them trash.

Ran into a guy in Montana years ago fishing through the ice for them and he'd take them home and gut then then freeze them whole. Then when he would run low he'd get some out of the freezer and smoke them. I tried some and they were really good.

Come to think of it my first experience with them was in New York as a kid. Went to Baiting Hollow Boy Scout Camp every year and they had a lake there and I think that was all they had in it. Caught and released everything there!

Back