Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Would you SHOOT?!?!!?.............#1 & #2 & #3 & #4 & #5....

D

Deerslayer

In light of recent criticisms over the taking of "legal" game, and ethical decisions in the taking of that game.....I thought it would be good for us all to take a step back and take a hard look at some typical hunting situations......and then make that critical call as to what to do.
........you make the call ;) ........

#1......You are in the spring turkey woods, and you have called 4 longbeards right in front of you. There is a good chance you could take out all 4 Toms with the right angle and a little luck, so do you "spray and pray" now........are do you call them in closer as you dig through your pockets and re-count the number of tags you hold? :rolleyes:

4turkeys.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-02-2002 15:59: Message edited by: Deerslayer ]</font>

Would you shoot?...#2....

You are stalking through the woods when you see a....well, uh, your not sure what the hell it is.....but you really want to kill some shit bad! Do you smoke that puppy then go over and see just what it is you have kilt?.....or do you stalk in closer and hope it's not the dreaded Wooly Booger-eating Munchak!......one of the deadleiest creatures alive! :eek:

babymoose.jpg

the top pic I would shoot the turkey on the right.. since i would be using an extra full choke so at the 20 yards it looks like it woulndt be a problem.....
pic number 2 looks like a griz and a cub, so it would be illegal to shoot(because of the cub) even if you had a griz tag...

Delw

Delw....that second pic was taken last year, in low light, near Walden Colorado, so no worried about it being a Grizz. I can tell you this, it may as well be the dreaded Wooly Booger-eating munchak!....cause there are no tags for it as well ;) ....but you could still smoke that puppy if yoou wanna :eek:

It's a baby moose.....but hey, it could easily have been the dreaded Wooly Booger-eating munchak! Sometimes you have to shoot first and ask question later! :eek:

..and just so you know...this topic is meant in jest....don't go getting TOO FUGGIN serious on me!

So... in JEST.... HUMmm I don't get it.. Does that meen it's not a serious post ?!?!? ;)

I say shoot at the nose first... HELL "NOISE" even

Serious?...hell yes it is serious!.....I am what you might call a "patented ground-checker".......shoot first, ask questions later. Buy a few tags...go kill some schit, and see if they match up.. .kinda like "Go-Fish" except without the cards ;)

ok..here's another one, and you can't flunk this!

Your in a unit that only allows you to whop crawfish with a boat paddle if they have pinchers in excess of 1 1/2 inches.....and they must be full curl ;) ....now there are a few legals ones in there, but can you chance taking out a few illegal ones to fill your tag?....
crawfish.jpg
....personally, I say light a fire under the whole bunch of 'em and throw in some corn and taters...but that's just me, and I do live life on the edge.... :rolleyes:

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-02-2002 15:12: Message edited by: Deerslayer ]</font>

Deerslayer,

That is wild, I thought for sure that 2nd pic is of a bear...? First pic..Spray and Pray baby yeah!! nah i'd wait. Lastly, I'm thinking Cajun Boil baby!

First off... what are these "tags" you're taking about? What would the benefit be of tagging something you've already killed! It ain't like it's goin' nowhere....

As for the pictures... they don't get dead if ya don't send no lead!

#4.....

You have put in for 30 years for a bighorn tag.....you finally draw it!...so you park the "big rig" and head to the hills. You have 3 big rams running across the ridge in front of you...the lead ram being a 200 incher!..but he is skylined... :rolleyes:

.....do you take the shot, or play it safe?
3sheep.jpg
.......hey, that bottle of bourbon at the house is looking pretty good, and it IS only a sheep, so why not take a whack!......lay the lead and let her rip!....after all, you can barely hit shit you aim at, much less hit something over the rise you can't see, right? :eek:

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-02-2002 15:20: Message edited by: Deerslayer ]</font>

#5....

You are holding an "Any Elk" tag in your favorite western state.......you see the elk you have waited years for, and it is standing right there in front of you!

One problem......she has a big ass bull in front of her :rolleyes: ....she is a trophy cow for sure...just look at that head, and her nookey is tops! You have an "Any Elk" tag, too bad it isn't a "two elk" tag :eek: ...so what would you do?
elkcover.jpg

Two problems with that, Cali!.....one is, you could quite possibly have a "pass-through" shot and hit the bitch as well......and the other thing is...YOU WOULD PASS UP THE COW OF A LIFETIME FOR A RAGHORN! :eek: ...come on man, THINK!!!!!

If you aim right behind his ear, you should be too high for a pass-through to hit the cow - but of course the bullet could be deflected. Or I'd just shoot him in the ass since the cow is ahead of him. Or I'd just chop off his head without even thinking about it 'cuz I love bulls with all my body... I'm not into trophy hunting so I'd pass on the trophy cow. ;)

Most of these problems could easly be solved with a belt fed M-60.
Hey DanR, what about one of thoses multi barrel Mini-guns. Praying ain't nessasary at 100 rnds per second.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back