Would you rather?

Would you rather use fishing or hunting gear from 1991?

• Fishing gear

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • Hunting gear

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • I still use my gear from 1991.

Votes: 12 19.4%

• Total voters
Yeah I had a nearly sinkable experience with a float tube too. Seat started to blow out the same time the seam holding the tube in went. What a pain in the ass.
You too?! Heh. The water's pretty damn deep when you're sinking.

Not all but some of my 1990s hunting gear worked pretty good. I have some older cabelas clothing from that era I grew out of shortly after buying. Recently lost enough weight to get back into it. Some of it is very good stuff. Others is marginal compared to today. My old buck folding knife will still cut up a deer. Compass either points north or it dont. My old blaze Stormy Kromer fud hat still works good.

My fishing gear has all been upgraded and other than a few lures and terminal tackle my 90s fishing gear is long gone. My fishing gear pretty much sucked back then Except for a few surf rods I used back then around the Outer Banks NC area. There was a lot of improvements in saltwater fishing gear in the early 2000’s in my opinion. I also had more money to spend on it then versus the 90s.

If you were forced to Would you rather use hunting or fishing gear from 1991? I’d rather use hunting gear. To me the quality and quantity of fishing gear has improved exponentially. From lines to lures to underwater imaging and mapping I wouldn’t want to go back to 1991.
This is a hard one depending on how you look at it. In real life, I use more fishing gear that is pre-1991 than hunting gear. But if money wasn't a factor, I'd probably want to update fishing gear more often.

I voted fishing gear upgrade not hunting gear. Although I have very nice optics, off-road vehicles and outerwear I only have compiled that stuff in the last 5 years. I know I can still sneak up 75-100 yards and put a .54 cal round ball in a buck or bull in blue jeans.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back