Would you go anyway?

I posted last week about needing a GPS for hunting with my 83 year old Father in Law. Since then he has started radiation treatments for prostate cancer and the decision has been made that he will not be able to go on the planned hunt. Kudo's for the nameless state that will refund his tag and restore his points because of it.

We applied as a party and were drawn together and because he is returning the tag for medical reasons, I am not required to return my tag as well. I can still go hunt. Feeling a bit selfish for wanting to go without him. I could probably return my tag as well and get my tag fee and points back and apply next year with him or could just make the trip.

Am I an A-hole for going? I saw some dandy's last year and have a good feeling they will still be where I left them. Your thoughts?
Go. It's what he wants I'm sure. Don't wait for tomorrows. Anything can happen between now and next season ... to you or him.

Your FIL will want you to go on this hunt so he can hunt vicariously through you and when you come back you can regale him with details of the hunt and it will give him something to look forward to next year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back