Would ya?

Not my kind of hunting, but great bull. I get pleasure by hunting on my own and working hard and so much more rewarding after success.

I'll stick with the way I do it.I really enjoy map reading and google earth from the other side of the country,and still finding good pockets of elk.Theres alot of satisfaction in that.And, who knows, maybe someday, I'll get a great tag and find something big.But for now, I'm just happy to draw a tag every year and going elk hunting in some new place out west.I'll have alot of imfo to pass on to my boys in a few years.Coming from 2000 miles away, a satellite can sure put a smile on my face with only 7 days to get something done
Not into the guided thing at this point in my life even if I had a ton of cash.Rather spend the money on the wife and kids then a governor tag.Plus a 420 yard shot,please, couldn't you get a little closer when theres no other hunters around.i'm not impressed with the whole hunt as described

I would rather take a cow on my own, and the satisfaction of packing it out myself than shooting a world record bull that was basically tied to a tree and had a security detail 24/7 until the "hunter" could take it. No Thanks!

I was hunting right next to those guys in WA last year. I never really had a problem with them for a few reasons:
1) They were not at all interested in the 330-380 bulls that I was going after
2) It was not my property that they were trespassing on
3) Most of their guides/spotters just glass from vantage points surrounding where the biggest bulls are and I was in the brush virtually by myself

The nuts and bolts of it: Mossback specializes in guiding rich peopleplain and simple, there's certainly a market so even though it's not a real hunter's cup o' tea I guess we can't blame them...

No way Jose!!!

So you are against Arizona auction tag hunts with high priced Outfitters who gang hunt with year round seasons?

That's interesting becasue I remenber another thread where you were justifying the year round season and all buddy buddy with an outfitter who frequently takes Arizona auction tag winners hunting. Here is your exact quote.

Actually when you think of it being a 365 day tag, it really isn't. By the time the animal grows it's peak antler/horn size there are not nearly that number of days to hunt it. Granted there would be a lot more days than a normal season tag would allow though, but the money difference gained by that expensive tag may justify it. Scouting can be done year around by anyone, other than in winter range areas that are off limits to everyone and probably wouldn't be where the animal is killed anyway. I would say with the AZ system only having two tags per species and the price raised by the tags being what it is that maybe there should be more of an opportunity for the person drawing the tag. Anyway, kudos to BigFin and all the others who have spoken highly of Eli, and I hope he returns here as often as his schedule allows! Edit: After posting, I now see that TLH has basically said what I have here on time involved with the tag.

After reading your quote you sound like you are FOR auction tags and year long seasons. Now you answer with "No way Jose". So now you are AGAINST auction tags, gang hunts, year long seasons? You jump the fence and change your answer each time you post. Politician?

Do you want Doyle to come here and post often as his schedule allows? LMFAO! You don't stand for anything, just say whats convenient at the time.

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=251087

Last edited:
Dustin-Not sure what happened to the bash an auction tag outfitter, pro OYOA, thread that was going. Sure got quiet once you asked why the response was different. Must have had a change of heart on the opinion of Doyle Moss all the sudden.

Wasn't this antelope http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=251872 killed with a similar tag and fully guided?

Why is the response different?

I suspect it was different because Eli is a regular participant on this site, helps a lot of self-guided people with their hunts, and asks nothing for the help he provides people here. He tries hard to help all antelope hunters on this site learn more about antelope hunting and field judging. Guys like that usually get a warmer reception.

I don't think anyone is defending tags where people have a big advantage by getting to hunt year round. I think that is the part of the AZ situation that should change. But, since I don't live there, I doubt the state of AZ is going to listen to me.

I get more satisfaction from a cow elk I did on my own than I would a monster bull guided like that. However if it's legal and someone wants to do it then good for them.

You would have to pay me to do that. Not a chance I would pay for it. Also hunting with anything associated with Mossback would be against my better judgement. I have met Doyle before and he is surely one of those that has no time for anyone other than those with lots of money.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back