Would this be considered a fenced hunt?

Elkhunter

There is a fence on just over two sides of the National Elk Refuge. They can enter the refuge through the fense in many places but can not get out through the fence. The fence is for the purpose of eliminating elk hazards along the highway. The rest of the refuge borders the Natioal Forest and the National Park. They can come and go as they please. There is hunting allowed on the Elk Refuge by special draw at a weekly lottery in town. This is for the most part a cow/calf hunt. There is also a day set aside just for youths. They have to be with an adult and the adult is not allowed to have a weapon.

A fenced hut is usually a grass or stick hut with a fence around it,so this description definitely doesn't qualify [ yuk-yuk]
biggrin.gif

Nah,I don't think it would count,since the elk still have freedom to come and go as they please.

Funny thing is how most people think that hunting on the refuge is a given. There are certain places that you can and can not hunt.

That's less than a real fence hunt, but way-way more than any other wild elk hunt, so I will bank on this one as having better odds of scoring than most hunts..
biggrin.gif

That's less than a real fence hunt, but way-way more than any other wild elk hunt

Maybe so Russ. But look at the #s again. The area I hunt is on public land and it is a wild elk hunt. Is there that much of a difference?

AH!!!
I see where you are going with that...
I was only looking at what I wanted I guess..
Me bad!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

That is very interesting, could it be some of the locals are a little spoiled because of where they live!!!
wink.gif

I was under the impression the fence was meant more not to keep the elk in, but more to keep the people out!!!
biggrin.gif

It is more to keep the elk from going back onto the highway and creating problems. There is a road into the refuge, so people can still go in there, but they cn not go beyond the road. The road gives you access to the National Forest and part of the Gros Ventre Wilderness. When you have over 7000 elk, the last place you want them is as a bumper sticker.

Back