Worst Hunting Hand Me Down

I started with a shotgun that shot around corners and a pair of coveralls with stuffing falling out of the holes and smelled of chainsaw gas and oil. it's a wonder I ever saw anything.

The surplus down bag dad got me. You could drive a freight train through the cold spots,if you did not use it inside the canvas snap cover. Then you were toasty to 28 deg.
Inchon must have been bad....
My grandpa gave us a few of those I think he got from the Boy Scouts. Only one had the cover that I remember. Even though we had a camper, my brothers and I spent many nights just sleeping under the stars in them.

Crappy polypropylene long johns! Man they were useless. Countless boots. An old treestand the brand escapes me. What a death trap that thing was. Had to hug the tree to climb up and down and was basically a piece of plywood. Come to think of it I can't believe my dad let me use it let alone give it me.

A bolt action 16 gauge shotgun that was very difficult to cycle the action on it. It also had a hard time picking up a new shell from the tube. Not sure what brand but it hangs on the wall at one of my sisters house now.

When I was 8, I was gifted a single shot 410. It didn’t have an ejector so I had to keep a stick handy to knock the shell out. Also….shooting 410 slugs at deer was not all that effective. I believe we found 1 out of the three I shot. My dad had the keep shooting mentality.

When I was 8, I was gifted a single shot 410. It didn’t have an ejector so I had to keep a stick handy to knock the shell out. Also….shooting 410 slugs at deer was not all that effective. I believe we found 1 out of the three I shot. My dad had the keep shooting mentality.

COME ON SON!?! You need to master that stick action!

Once upon a time, my cousin gave me an old baker tree climber. I can't believe how dumb younger me was... I used to get pretty high in that death trap with no safety harness.
I bought one of those new when I was 18. Probably used that that thing for 12 seasons before I bought something better. They were shakey ass death traps for sure.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back