Worst Hotel you’ve ever stayed at ..

My brother found a single slice of American cheese tucked into the bedsheets in our motel room in Huntington, UT, when we were kid's tagging along on Dad's cow elk hunt. So that was interesting.

I’m undecided whether this is really gross, or a really special gift from the Hotel Gods.

Circle, Mt abt 10 yrs ago. The one with the dinosaur, the only one in town at the time. Musty, old. paper thin walls.
Could everything on either side.

Damascus , GA. Cockroaches scattered in the bathroom when I got up to take a leak in the middle of the night.

Somewhere west of St. Louis. traveling to a race. Late. Tired. S topped at a motel 6. Room was ok, but the guy in the room
next to me standing in the doorway watching me carry gear in, told me the bikes wouldn't be there on the morning
on the trailer. Ended up rolling them into the room and pulling a wheel off the trailer and the tow vehicle.
Made sure the parking lot urchins watching me could see the pistol tucked into my waistband, Everything still
there in the a.m.

drifters inn in baggs 20 plus years ago was bad. 1am dude knocking and pulling on door trying to get in the room as he thinks its his room then he goes to the next door room and does the same and some guys starts yelling stop or Ill fking shoot you.
Is that Baggs WY, if so their bat s- - t crazy in that part of the state. You could get shot over there.

Anybody else ever enjoyed the fine motel in Wamsutter, WY?
Worked in that area years ago on the rigs stayed in wamsutter one night had the room for 4 nights next morning went to the front desk told the lady our company is moving the rig out of the area and needed a refund. Got the refund and ran. Ended up staying in the next town. longer drive but was able to sleep with both eyes shut

I have stayed in my fair share being a regional truck driver. Overnight a couple times a month. I couldn’t begin to tell you how often I have had to wedge a chair under the door with an ironing board and taking my belt around the main door to the bathroom door so no one can open it. I stopped staying in those kind of places, its totally worth the money.

His smile disappeared and he looked disappointed after I said that. Then he told me $85 for the room. I countered with $65 and with no hesitation whatsoever he says "ok".
Probably had a hidden camera in the room and was hoping to spice up his evening.

We were traveling doing construction somewhere in western NC. Can't recall the exact town but we stayed at a Rodeway Inn this was about 2007 or so and smoking and non smoking rooms were a thing then and we requested non smoking. They handed us the key and first thing we did was walk in the door and find a pile of cigarette butts on the one of the bed covers. It was 39.99 a night so you can't expect much for that.

So another time my wife and I took our girls up to ski in Summit County for the weekend. My wife got a really cheap room at the crummy La Quinta right off the Silverthorne exit, because they had an indoor pool and hot tub for the kids to swim in after skiing. The 6-yr-old yakked in the car on the drive up, gross but whatever, kids get carsick. We skied, hung out with friends, ate empanadas at the little place in Dillon, swam, had a great night. Right about bedtime the 2-yr-old threw up in the corner, oh man, maybe she was overtired? LAs I'm cleaning that up I see the 8-yr-old go pale and sprint to the bathroom, where she threw up...uh-oh, my wife says "shoot, I heard there was a GI virus going around the Kindergarten this week." Suddenly MY stomach is starting to feel strange, oh SH*T, and I'm literally heaving the 8-yr-old out of the way so I can puke too.

What followed was one of the worst nights of my life, three of us on a constant rotation through the bathroom, coming out both ends, the worst I've ever been sick. My wife made at least two trips to the front desk to get more towels and trash bags, then they said they "ran out" of fresh towels. The 2-yr-old just gave up, she'd just throw up in whatever direction she was facing, up, down, sideways, on the night stand, didn't matter, I felt so bad for her. I don't know how my wife survived it, she never even got sick. The 6-yr-old slept soundly in the corner the entire time of course. The ordeal lasted til morning, it was all we could do to get the kids and bags back in the car and limp home like a defeated army. The room was a nightmare, we had absolutely defiled the place, vomit EVERYWHERE, and it stunk like something died in there. I wish I could've seen the cleaning crews' faces when they showed up. Honestly I'm surprised they didn't just burn down the whole hotel to get rid of the mess. I'll never stay there again, and my stomach gets a little twitchy every time I drive by, I still think they should burn it down, it was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at in my life.

Apologies to any of you who stayed in that place after us...

So another time my wife and I took our girls up to ski in Summit County for the weekend. My wife got a really cheap room at the crummy La Quinta right off the Silverthorne exit, because they had an indoor pool and hot tub for the kids to swim in after skiing. The 6-yr-old yakked in the car on the drive up, gross but whatever, kids get carsick. We skied, hung out with friends, ate empanadas at the little place in Dillon, swam, had a great night. Right about bedtime the 2-yr-old threw up in the corner, oh man, maybe she was overtired? LAs I'm cleaning that up I see the 8-yr-old go pale and sprint to the bathroom, where she threw up...uh-oh, my wife says "shoot, I heard there was a GI virus going around the Kindergarten this week." Suddenly MY stomach is starting to feel strange, oh SH*T, and I'm literally heaving the 8-yr-old out of the way so I can puke too.

What followed was one of the worst nights of my life, three of us on a constant rotation through the bathroom, coming out both ends, the worst I've ever been sick. My wife made at least two trips to the front desk to get more towels and trash bags, then they said they "ran out" of fresh towels. The 2-yr-old just gave up, she'd just throw up in whatever direction she was facing, up, down, sideways, on the night stand, didn't matter, I felt so bad for her. I don't know how my wife survived it, she never even got sick. The 6-yr-old slept soundly in the corner the entire time of course. The ordeal lasted til morning, it was all we could do to get the kids and bags back in the car and limp home like a defeated army. The room was a nightmare, we had absolutely defiled the place, vomit EVERYWHERE, and it stunk like something died in there. I wish I could've seen the cleaning crews' faces when they showed up. Honestly I'm surprised they didn't just burn down the whole hotel to get rid of the mess. I'll never stay there again, and my stomach gets a little twitchy every time I drive by, I still think they should burn it down, it was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at in my life.

man you tell some good stories

I worked road construction for 30 plus years in eastern montana. I've stayed in them all. Circle, winnett, jordan, ekalaka, broadus, culbertson, baker, and even alzada had a place they called a motel in the 80s. None were great. You just hoped you didn't catch anything.

Probably had a hidden camera in the room and was hoping to spice up his evening.
When we got married the venue we booked was set way back in the woods. There was a cabin on sight which was really nice that we got to stay in the night of the wedding. Two brothers owned the place and stayed on sight to "help with anything the night of the reception". Wife and I got into the cabin and had started getting down to business when one brother walked in the cabin. Dressed in only socks I shouted out to get the #*^@#* outta here. About 30 seconds later on walks the other brother poked his head and said " just checking I didn't know anyone was in here." From the angle they saw me I think the joke was on them lol.

Last edited:
"Hello, Front desk? This is room 69. No, the room is fine, thanks for asking. Listen, there's a giant blue double ended dong in the safe. It doesn't have the sanitary seal on it anymore."

Y'all haven't worked in a crew for an asphalt contractor and it shows.
If he had he wouldn't have called the front desk to complain.
Gift horse in the mouth and all that.

Staying at the best hotel in Colorado Springs for a convention. To my surprise I discovered that the walls in my room were paper thin when a couple went in their room. She was ,it turned out, his mistress and she was not happy. She ragged on him for over an hour as I listened and realized why I never wanted one of those. Well dinner time for the convention so I go into the hall just as they are leaving their room..............To my total surprise it was a very good friend who was the poor sucker getting his A$$ reamed.

I’ve slept in a half dozen or so different places in Juarez Mexico and they largely weren’t as bad as some of the places mentioned in this thread.
Yeah I agree. Our most-non favorite motel is in Ensanada, Mexico "The Joker"! Only amenity is the three day old coffee served free in a Styrofoam cup! Another place I wouldn't take a whore!!!

Sounds like the hotel may have been okay. Maybe it was the empanadas that made y'all sick!!

Back