Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Worried about trails and roads. What to do (Colorado)

A mile from a trail? That eliminates like most of the state! I was just deer hunting for 2nd rifle and glassed up a good bull less than 200 yards from a trail. And I shot my deer half a mile from a trail and less than 300 yards from a road that was getting hammered by ATV's. Didn't see many people off their ATV's, however. Point is, if it is good habitat otherwise the presence of a trail probably doesn't matter all that much. If people just walk a trail, they may well be walking past game that may not be far from the trail.

Vertical = Less pressure .... at least where I hunt (plus it doesn't hurt to throw in a wilderness).

E scouting is great but I feel it’s over-rated. It helps to get familiar with your hunting area, but the real scouting starts when you get there. I rarely find animals where I think they’ll be from e scouting but it’s a nice starting point for camp sites and glassing knobs.

Just keep in mind that all these hunting courses haven’t been created to help new hunters - they were created so someone doesn’t have to work a day job.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back