World record antelop

kirkl

Heres a picture and story of the new possible record antelope shot in oregon, scored at 94 6/8.
http://www.nwbiggame.com/buzz/wr-pronghorn/wrprong.html

------------------
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/kleuenberg/hunting.html

" TARGET=_blank>http://members.aol.com/kleuenberg/hunting.html

</A>
deer8.gif

[This message has been edited by kirkl (edited 01-18-2001).]

Kirk, thanks for posting that link. Nice goat. I am heading down to Yakima for sportshow next month. Maybe we can meet down there if you are around that weekend. Let me know.

------------------
Live to Hunt-Terry aka Coydog.
coyote4.gif

thats an awesome speedgoat ,man i would love to hang a tag on one like that!!! thanks for posting the link!!

Kirk,
have you green scored any of your animals from this year if i remember you got a huge elk and real nice whitetail?????

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

way to go Kirk, i remembered them being rather exceptional animals congrats on a great season!!!

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

That goat is absolutely beautiful. Mass, length and prongs all in one. A very balanced set of horns. I hope he left lots of kids behind.

That's a nice goat but I'm kinda surprised that it's a world record. Just doesn't stand out like most record book heads. Don't get me wrong. There's nothing at all wrong with it and I wouldn't pass it up, but usually when I see a picture of a record I can't say anything but "wow". This just doesn't hit me that way. How about you bcat?

------------------
cros_anm.gif

Deacon,

One reason it may not look that impressive is because we're lacking a bit of scale in the photo. Look closely at the goat, and compare it to the man. That is a BIG pronghorn. The horns look big, but because you're comparing them to the goat, which is also big, they don't look as impressive as they would if you compared them to another set of horns.

Kirk, Im going Saturday. Ill email you a few days before, and well set up a time and place to meet at the show. I'm looking forward to meeting you. Take care until then.

------------------
Live to Hunt-Terry aka Coydog.
coyote4.gif

Nice buck. A friend of mine from Arizona states that he saw a buck shot by Robert Petersen of Petersen's hunting magazine that will go 95+. If so, it will be the new world record.

Personally, I hope he is wrong. Petersen has bought the AZ governor's tag for three years. I would much prefer if a hunter who paid the average fee and hunted hard and shot the world record.

Good job to whoever this guy is. It is a whopper buck.

Nodak, I just looked at him again and think he is a beauty! Still doesn't get the blood pumping the way most record heads do. Maybe the reason is that, living in Wyoming, I've seen more than my share of 15"+ bucks. Friend of mine and I hunted a few years ago in the red desert and he shot a buck which measures 17 5/8" on one side and 17 3/4 on the other.

I mean no disrespect. That's a nice animal, just doesn't look huge like some.

By the way Nodak, I don't think I've said welcome yet - - so welcome!
------------------
cros_anm.gif

[This message has been edited by Deacon (edited 01-21-2001).]

Back