PEAX Equipment

Working with our wildlife biologists

Akcabin

As an outdoorsman I try to stay informed from the biologists that manage our fish game n forests. One issue they have in common is beavers.
Pike were introduced into the local river systems in the 70s and had been devastating our salmon fry. As the beavers continue to create prime pike habitat. So I open up the beaver dam on the lake we use n try to harvest them trapping but the wolves have been hitting them hard. Another issue.
Our local folks have asked us outdoorsfolk to help control the population. So I try to do my part. I wish I was out there now .
Anyhows just thought I'd drop a note to others. If you haven't visited with your local biologists they have a lot to offer and maybe even learn something from me.
You probably could visit with them via phone but a good place for learning is at our local outdoors folks meetings. Our local folks host an end of the year wrap up for F&G .Where they make themselves available to ask questions and visit with others. Well they used to I guess. Times are changing.
They are probably kinda busy this time of year to do a public thing. And our world is changing. I generally sneak in a phone call.
Anyhows thought I would put that on the table. I our biologists are always fighting for funding. Maybe there a way could work together better for the betterment of us all so we can continue to build our bench.

As an outdoorsman I try to stay informed from the biologists that manage our fish game n forests. One issue they have in common is beavers.
Pike were introduced into the local river systems in the 70s and had been devastating our salmon fry. As the beavers continue to create prime pike habitat. So I open up the beaver dam on the lake we use n try to harvest them trapping but the wolves have been hitting them hard. Another issue.
Our local folks have asked us outdoorsfolk to help control the population. So I try to do my part. I wish I was out there now .
Anyhows just thought I'd drop a note to others. If you haven't visited with your local biologists they have a lot to offer and maybe even learn something from me.
You probably could visit with them via phone but a good place for learning is at our local outdoors folks meetings. Our local folks host an end of the year wrap up for F&G .Where they make themselves available to ask questions and visit with others. Well they used to I guess. Times are changing.
They are probably kinda busy this time of year to do a public thing. And our world is changing. I generally sneak in a phone call.
Anyhows thought I would put that on the table. I our biologists are always fighting for funding. Maybe there a way could work together better for the betterment of us all so we can continue to build our bench.
Our biologist for northern Nevada has been a great resource for me for elk. I would highly recommend send them informed questions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back