Woofs?

It’s still not clear to me when I read the articles. This is a genuine question

Are we going to have shoulder seasons in under objective districts this year?
I’m sure they will adjust some numbers back room so opportunities aren’t taken away

In all the prank calls I've gotten from the fwp harvesting reports I'm not sure I've ever been asked if I fill my elk b tag for the district my families place is...... it's early in the morning though yet so it might come to me.

I've also never taken an elk during the shoulder seasons either.

It falls right in line with they don't give two shits I guess.

In all the prank calls I've gotten from the fwp harvesting reports I'm not sure I've ever been asked if I fill my elk b tag for the district my families place is...... it's early in the morning though yet so it might come to me.

I've also never taken an elk during the shoulder seasons either.

It falls right in line with they don't give two shits I guess.
Agreed. I filled my cow tag in a shoulder season this year and when I got the annual survey call they didn’t ask a thing about it.

I found that very surprising considering the mission of the shoulder season.

Regardless (and I know I’m beating a dead horse when I say this around HT), but I think most people Who care about this stuff believe Montana needs mandatory reporting for all species. I can’t even begin to fathom why FWP wouldn’t want that info at hand. No report = no general tag until the report is finished.

Last edited:
I've been talking to a nearby biologist and she has mentioned that Bighorn numbers were way down in Unit 250. She's not done with her flights in other units because the wind keeps grounding them.

Think she can't see them in the mountains 'cause they're a handful of miles east of 250 using bike lanes now. Saw a group of about 8-10 similar sized rams lounging in someone's front yard a week ago, relaxing in the shade of the trees.

Took a while to get these guys in the pic and their buddies out from the middle of the road.

IMG_4231.jpg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back