Woodworking Hunt Talkers?

Nice thread. The woodworking bug can dig in deep. I enjoyed wood so much I had my own business for a bit. I wanted to be a woodworker so I did. Custom desks, conference tables. Kitchens when I had to. I did a kitchen for a lodge , 14' dining table, 5 bathroom vanities with birch tops, 3 levels of staircase threads n handrails. Doors n lots of trim. Was actually on the food channel a couple times.
I was taught by an old school grouchy sweed. When I walk through the woods I look at every tree.
Wood kinda grows on yah

Het
Hey thanks Straight Arrow. I watched Tom on the really show make arrows using a particular rose bush. I think I have one of those in our front yard. I've been waiting for the sap to drop so I could harvest some n try to make some arrow shafts. Straight arrow shafts of course. They have straight sections with no knowdes, 30". Red hollow 1/4". No thorns so the shaft is smooth from the start.
A picture of the rose bush looking down on the moose eating it
Beautiful roses too20210313_082205.jpg

That looks great! I have been wanting to build one of these. Did you use specific plans or wing it?

After fence sitting for years and several outlays of cash for different books and plans I settled on the book;
“Building a Teardrop Trailer (plans and methods for crafting an heirloom camper)” by Tony H. Latham

I followed the book very closely adding my own touches along the way.

The author can be found on both Facebook and tnttt.com (teardrops and tiny travel trailers) and has answered many questions I and others have had along the way. There has been several of us building following this book and posting on tnttt throughout this year. Learning from each other and sharing ideas and mistakes that are inevitable.

After fence sitting for years and several outlays of cash for different books and plans I settled on the book;
“Building a Teardrop Trailer (plans and methods for crafting an heirloom camper)” by Tony H. Latham

I followed the book very closely adding my own touches along the way.

The author can be found on both Facebook and tnttt.com (teardrops and tiny travel trailers) and has answered many questions I and others have had along the way. There has been several of us building following this book and posting on tnttt throughout this year. Learning from each other and sharing ideas and mistakes that are inevitable.
Very nice. What's in the main cargohold? A bunk? Gun safe? Where did you find the classic fenders and taillights? Reproduction I presume.

Very nice. What's in the main cargohold? A bunk? Gun safe? Where did you find the classic fenders and taillights? Reproduction I presume.

The fenders and taillights came from Speedway Motors. They are 1932 Ford truck reproductions. All stainless lights with LED’s. The hubcaps came from there too and are also stainless. The tires are Coker’s. The paint is 1957 Ford Fairlane turquoise. I found a supplier that put it in rattle cans.
If interested drop the 1 after my handle here and you can find my build journal (and many others) at tnttt.
I don’t know if we are allowed to post links but they aren’t selling anything there. Just years and years of builds and information.

It is a queen sized sleeper. The drop floor is so I can mount a table and have a place for my feet to sit out of the weather. The build has a Propex 2000 heater installed.

So I have been building my 12x16 shed all summer. It is going to be my woodshop. Finally getting to the point where I can do some finishing work. I took a slab of butternut wood that came off a tree from my dad's backyard and did a live-edge trim around the window.

IMG_2519.jpg

For those of you who like right angles and perfect miters this would probably drive you mad, but I love it. I like having unique wood with a story behind it. Plus I got to use my router sled to plane the slab down to usable wood. All around a fun little project. I'm thinking about liberating some more butternut from my dad to trim around the door.

Resurrecting this thread need an idea for a retirement gift for my step dad who is into woodworking anybody jabe anything to offer probably gonna try to keep it under $150. Thanks guys any help is appreciated. Btw the party is tomorrow. I know but my original gift idea fell through.

If he's into fishing, I think I've got a couple unclaimed fly boxes. Can get you pictures later today.
These are real nice fly boxes. Beautiful, functional and very well made.

You couldn’t go wrong if the guy is a fisherman

Nick, are you considering a tool? Oscillating spindle sander is a great addition if he doesn't have one in his shop. My daughter gave me one for Christmas last year. Mine can also be switched to oscillating tabletop bench sander. She bought me a cheap variety but I think the good ones (Rigid brand) are around $250 at Home Depot.

Nick, are you considering a tool? Oscillating spindle sander is a great addition if he doesn't have one in his shop. My daughter gave me one for Christmas last year. Mine can also be switched to oscillating tabletop bench sander. She bought me a cheap variety but I think the good ones (Rigid brand) are around $250 at Home Depot.
Well well...I think that might just be a winner. I'll see if I can't get one or two of my sisters to go in on it with me. Looks the the good one at home depot is $270. Might as well get that one I'm a big believer in buy once cry once. That said how is your cheaper one? Thanks btw.

If he hunts and woodsmiths, then he needs sharp tools.

for $200, the Work Sharp tool is something you just can't beat. It's not the super sharpener like a Tormek sharpening at a MUCH great price, but it is so bloody convenient for so many things. I use mine all the time and have acquired some extras to go with it.

It is on Amazon (among many other places).

If he hunts and woodsmiths, then he needs sharp tools.

for $200, the Work Sharp tool is something you just can't beat. It's not the super sharpener like a Tormek sharpening at a MUCH great price, but it is so bloody convenient for so many things. I use mine all the time and have acquired some extras to go with it.

It is on Amazon (among many other places).
Bought him the work sharp for Christmas few years back. Ive got one as well. Great tool.

Resurrecting this thread need an idea for a retirement gift for my step dad who is into woodworking anybody jabe anything to offer probably gonna try to keep it under $150. Thanks guys any help is appreciated. Btw the party is tomorrow. I know but my original gift idea fell through.
Aaaahhhh....you want a tool....I've always wanted a kegerator for the garage/shop...

Back