Womens Bow?

Joe C

My wife has been asking about archery hunting for awhile now. I think she is almost resdy to give the sport a try.My son & I both archery hunt as much as we can. The ? I'm going to throw out to ya'll is do any of your wifes or signifigant others archery hunt with you or hunt with a bow.Theres so many bows out there but not alot for women. I would like to get one that she can handle fairly easy.And also if she happens to lose intrest I can pass it on to my son.If I may ask what kind do they shoot?If she really wants to do this I think she will be ready for javalina in jan.

Joe, You are in luck.
Finding us women a bow that fit is now easer then ever.
Im talking compound bow,as thats what I shoot.
When I first started hunting with my husband I have to make due with men's gear,both rifle and bow gear.
That not easy for shorter women.

The only problem I can see is that you might want to pass it on to your son, because bows are so user specific.

Start with a good pro. shops .
I have seen to many people get set up wrong and give up the sport.

The first thing is to have her draw lenght checked.
Decide what price range you have to work with.
This will help you weed out some bow's.
(I have a very short draw lenght so I can't even try out most of the bow's on the market)
:(
With some luck she is of a more normal height and not draw lenght challanged LOL
Once you know what bow's will are will fit her in draw adjustment then start looking at thoses.
Let her handle as many as she can,they all feel different in your hand ( I think this effect's women more then men).

I now am shooting a Mathews Mustang.
I love this bow, and it fit's a wide range of shorter draw lenght's .
Mathew's has quite a few bow that will fit women.
Finding her the right one will depend MOST on her correct draw lenght.
My last bow was a High Country Lite Force.
The best way for me is to make a list of all the one's that will fit my range,then looking at price.

I dont think you will have that much trouble finding one that fit's her if you look around ,after you check her draw lenght.
Best of luck to you guy's.
I hope she decides to give it a try.

Deb

Well after many days of searchin we got my wifes new bow today. She picked out a 05 Hoyt Serriatec cam & 1/2 we decided to get the whole package from hoyt. XT 2000 limbs-290 fps- 75% letoff w the new acculite 3 pin sight. NAP 3000 tec rest.Doinker stabilizer and dura-lite quiver. W/ carbon Epic arrows & Steelforce broadheads.As soon as she picked it up she said this is the 1. I tell you what those new hoyts are SWEET. I'm just a fuzz jealous LOL
Look out pigs here she comes.

Joe C

Joe

Get her shooting asap, and we will take her to bartlett and let her whack one of those bucks that was there friday.
Your son should go also.

Delw

Del
I remember those bucks up there I got to thinkin the same thing hump

Joe C

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back