Women's Boots

Croz

Hi All,

My wife has been trying to get out in the field with me recently, but she's been wearing some street boot Doc Martins. Her feet get soaked and sore, which means we both need to head back home.

I believe that I finally talked her into getting a proper pair of hunting boots that will keep her feet dry and warm in the backcountry. Unfortunately, it's a little tough to find a decent resource on women's hunting boots. Each Cabelas and BackCounty.com boot only has a review or two. Not exactly encouraging.

For any female hunters or guys with hunting wives, would you happen to have any recommendations? We're looking to spend between 150-200 bucks if possible.

Thanks for any insight!

Look at men's boots. Lots of reviews, then adjust her size accordingly.

Thanks for the advice. Since posting I actually found some pretty good resources. No need to waste anymore time with this. Thanks!

What kinda boots did you find? My wife doesn't really like the current ones she has and I need to upgrade them some time this winter.

My wife just got the cabelas snowy river womens boots. They are very comfortable so far. She has not put them thru much abuse yet , just damp grass.

For anyone else contemplating women's boots...

Keens have been great for light/moderate terrain. I have some that I wear for work. The waterproofing has been reliable and the boots are really comfortable. Also get high marks from the doctor for people who have foot problems or have trouble finding boots that don't hurt. Not crazy about all the weird colors, but hey, if it works...

I had good luck with the Meindl's from Cabela's. I'm not sure if the new ones are the same quality as what you could get a few years ago, but they were very comfortable, no break-in period and held up good. The women's versions are narrower in the heel so eliminates slipping around if you do a lot of steep or sidehill hiking.

Didn't like the Danners so much. The all leather ones were heavy, the ones with cordura leaked, and they all took forever to break in.

The only men's boot that has ever worked for me, and my go-to for cold/snowy weather are the insulated Schnee's Hunter II's. Most comfortable boots I've ever had and I love the bob sole even on steep snowy terrain. And my feet stay warm!

Haven't tried the Lowa's yet, but that might be my next pair.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back