Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Women that hunt - Need more resources please

Sounds to me like you may be more successful if you hunt on your own, where you aren't constrained by traditional ways of doing things. Or, as you said, establish a new normal. Or, simply tell anyone who wants to hike off the mountain at 4:30 to have dinner ready when you get back after dark.

I've found I am much happier hunting by myself. Even if I'm camped with a large group, which I did for the first time this year, I just do my own thing and don't feel obligated to anyone else. If they want to come, fine. If they want to go back early, fine. No worries here.

Edit: as far as resources, I can't be of much help. Honestly, I find this to be one of the few forums I am really interested in participating in. Many of the others I used to take part in I've drifted away from because I get tired of listening to folks who don't really have much of a conservation ethic. For the most part, this one is much different in that regard.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the second time I have seen you mention the Colorado BHA event. Backcountry Hunters and Anglers group. I found the web site. I will look into it. I don't think I have taken the steps to actually joining any actual groups and this may help me. Thank you for the suggestion.

With the season winding down, there will be more events starting up again, especially in the Denver area. From small things like Pint nights to large events like the Wild Game Cookoff. Some events seem largely male dominated, while others are more evenly split. You never know which it will be beforehand.

I always mention BHA to folks interested in meeting other like minded people because their message is true, and you WILL meet those people. I've made a bunch of friends I've taken actual trips with via BHA over the last two years. Just this past weekend we joined a few of them on our first waterfowl hunt.

Back