Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Women Representation

I buy my wife men's gear in a small or medium size. I've actually gotten away from purchasing a lot of clothing from hunting companies and gone with more of a mountaineering/ hiking clothing companies. Camo to me has become pretty irrelevant over the past 4 years. We rock pretty much all solids. About the only camo piece I'm wearing much anymore is a sitka lightweight hoody t shirt for early season archery hunting......

Usually hiking gear is good enough and cheaper and better quality. Just my 2 cents.

I buy my wife men's gear in a small or medium size. I've actually gotten away from purchasing a lot of clothing from hunting companies and gone with more of a mountaineering/ hiking clothing companies. Camo to me has become pretty irrelevant over the past 4 years. We rock pretty much all solids. About the only camo piece I'm wearing much anymore is a sitka lightweight hoody t shirt for early season archery hunting......

Usually hiking gear is good enough and cheaper and better quality. Just my 2 cents.
Plus posting pics of you wearing Patagonia with bucks and bulls really pushes everyone's buttons, both sides of the aisle...

I'm probably not too much help on the hunting clothes department, I still buy mens stuff because some of their brands are cheaper. Pants are a struggle but I only have one pair for archery and one for rifle. I'm not a fan of Prois' camo pattern that they use. Camo ball cap hats are my biggest issue, they always have some sort of bright color on the outside for women and they are too big a lot of times. I know a lot of women like First Lite though.

I have 3 , short enough brim to wear while shooting my longbow. I have a pin head though.

I have 3 , short enough brim to wear while shooting my longbow. I have a pin head though.
I never thought of looking in the youth section. This Gloomis hat is the only one without bright colors on the outside that I've found that actually fits nice. I tolerate the pink on the inside 😂https://shop.gloomis.com/collections/hats/products/glm-womens-cap

Not dressing in layers? Oh my! I LOVE dressing in layers and have gotten away from wearing a quilt into the woods!

Definitely seems like hunting garment companies are slowly making more women's clothing, though I agree right now it's more western hunting brands. Personally I'm a no butt flap... well no bib, kinda guy and I like layers. But I can 100% see the appeal for whitetail.
Yeah, it’s tough to find stuff that’s super warm AND functional and fits. Bibs are just so warm, I’d settle for pants if I could find a good setup though. You wanna be warm when it’s 10 degrees!

Yeah, it’s tough to find stuff that’s super warm AND functional and fits. Bibs are just so warm, I’d settle for pants if I could find a good setup though. You wanna be warm when it’s 10 degrees!
I did my first sit for whitetail on Monday... 40min in I was frozen and hating life. It was probably 50 degrees lol

So yeah... fair...

I can also see not wanting to make a bunch of noise adding layers in the stand.

outside=click bait.
I did like the part about rifle hunters being sissy’s.
I had no idea Rihana Cary’s 25% Native American!
I though she just liked to tan 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’m more Indianer than all y’all..
Wah Wah

I did my first sit for whitetail on Monday... 40min in I was frozen and hating life. It was probably 50 degrees lol

So yeah... fair...

I can also see not wanting to make a bunch of noise adding layers in the stand.
haha, I can typically last 3-4 hours in what I have but if it’s wet I’m unhappy. I have kid’s Rocky bibs and wear an Arcteryx down jacket I got while working at a backpacking store years ago with a camo long sleeve shirt over. It gets the job done...mostly. The Sitka muff I stole from my fiancé really helps too!

Not trying to hijack the thread and I’m mostly just repeating what I’ve heard smarter members of the forum say, but the part of this article that implies bow hunting is a more ethical manner of take than rifle hunting is more than likely bs and prob not a great message to be sending to the audience this article is targeting.

“The hardest part of killing an ungulate is finding an ungulate”
This includes after the shot.

Went back through the article to refresh... meh, I think I'm just not wild about the writing.

That said, I came to a crashing halt at "The Swamp Witches". Not sure how I missed that before, I want more details.

Here's the cover photo from the podcast referenced...

Duck hunting buddies for 20 years... not gonna lie sounds way more interesting to me...
1607033229394.png

Not dressing in layers? Oh my! I LOVE dressing in layers and have gotten away from wearing a quilt into the woods!
I like some layers but right now I wear so so so many! I’d rather an insulation and weatherproof piece all in one, then the ability to layer my base pieces!

Back