Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

wolves?

keegan

can anyone tell me what the regs are on huntin wolves in alaska, and can they be called in like yotes can here in the lower 48. been lookin all over even on the ak dept of wildlife website, call me blind but i cant find much at all.

A non-resident must purchase a Wolf Tag in Alaska to take one (or more) under a hunting license. You can purchase a non-resident trapping license and take them without a tag. Gun is a legal trapping method.

hunting limits can be 5. There are no limits with a trapping license.

A N-R Wolf tag is $30. Hunting seasons vary across the state but hunting seasons are usually Sept thru April. Trapping seasons are during the winter months.

Calling is not near as easy as calling Coyote. I don't know of any ever taken with a electric game call around here. But sometimes you can get a manual predator or deer bleat call to work.

They are very smart.

wolf tags

There are some hunting units you don't have to buy a tag. I know unit 19 is one, and there are some others. Limits are very liberal in most units. I've called them in howling at them from a long ways off to within rifle range. They don't always com in easy because they are smart though.

You might see one sneak in but your chances of seeing a brown bear are much, much better. Doesn't mean you won't see one, just that it's not as common as seeing a bear or 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back