Wolves in Rocky Mnt Nat Park?

nochawk

In the Rocky Mountain News today there is an article about Rocky Mountain National Park's plans to reduce the elk herd by 50% (1800 head) over the next 4 or 5 years. Their options are "sharpshooters", no management, fertility control and wolves. It doesn't sound like introducing wolves is going to be the chosen path but you never know. The deadline for public comment is July 4th. For all of us that are not happy with wolves here is a chance to voice your opinion.

email: [email protected]
fax: 970-586-1397
mail: Rocky Mountain National Park Headquarters
1000 Highway 36
Estes Park, CO 80517

Rockymountainnews.com

They could let me bowhunt it. To me that seems like the best solution.

Why in the heck wouldn't they just have a draw for tags and let the hunters / taxpayers kill those elk and put them to good use. Instead of paying sharpshooters, they could earn some much needed revenue and solve their elk population problem at the same time.

Dang! They do that with whitetail here in Indiana in our little state parks, some of which are only several hundred or a thousand acres. It works great, and everyone is happy. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Just got back from there and yes we did see quite a few elk.Maybe they should let everybody who paid to get into the park that year apply for a limited amount of tags. Good way to get more people into the park and thin out the elk. Not the politically correct way, sharp shooters will prevail,what we don't know or see won't hurt us kind of thing.

Don't they allow some hunting in the Tetons? In the Park?

They should do the same in RMNP. Have a late hunt, when most of the visitors are gone. Have a lottery for tags, hold a special class for successful applicants. Have all of the killed elk tested for CWD, if they test positive, give the hunter another tag.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back