Wolves are legal????????

Thanks for all the advice. I do find ways to make the hunting more interesting--like my deer hunt story in the Deer section.

Geez! If you guys think elk hunting is difficult I can't imagine what to tell you! They're real big, make lots of noise, bugle and bark and squeal, run around in big herds, stand around out in the open parks, have big asses that are almost white, huge horns that stick way up in the air, their heavy body weight makes them easy to track even without snow, they smell so strong you can hunt them like a bird dog and know you're close to them even if you're blindfolded, they come to calls real well, they can't count higher than three, they think horses are other elk, and about a thousand other traits make them so vulnerable it's a good thing most hunters won't make the effort to go where the elk are. That's the tough part---finding the area they're in.

Good hunters get nice bulls just about every year---real nice ones if they work at it. Even the best whitetail hunters can't get big bucks every year in most states.

I spend lots of time in my office and one way I take a break from work is to visit HT for a few minutes. I'm gratefull for everyones concern about how much time I spend posting though.

There are some things you are wasting your time talking to our Legislature and Congressional delegation about. If more than 50% off the voters in Idaho want term limits and they ignore that you have to know where to pick your battles.

Goodness! Even Moosie got a couple bull elk this year!!
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-14-2003 10:25: Message edited by: Ithaca 37 ]</font>

Funny thing is Ithica, is the fact that you appear to actually believe alot of the crap you spread. You are very good at glossing things the way you want it to look though.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Well I just read this whole post and I am new here, So here is my 2 cents worth of what I have read. The wolves are going to be reintroduced no matter who wants what, So let them plant them where ever they want. When they become a nusance the people around them will deal with them accordingly, You can bank on that in Denver. People will not stand for wolves or anything else messing with there herds of what ever, cows, sheep, ect. They will be dealt with the same way they have always been dealt with. DEAD. Now for the Elk and Whitetail issue again just my 2 cents worth, One is no harder to kill than the other, Big bucks and big bulls are rare, and most real good dedicated hunters are more sucessful than most of the other 90% or hunters. It is just like fishing of all of the water in the world the biggest concentration of fish is in about 10% of the water, and out of 100% of fishermen abouit 10% are the real fishermen. Who always bring in the catch. Little bucks and bulls are not as hard to get as big bucks and bulls, same with does and cows. They all stand around in pastures or green fields elk and deer alike, But the 10% for the hunters who study and plot there Big bucks and bulls will be more sucessful than the rest of the other hunters. Weather it is elk or deer. As I have killed several of both none went into the record books and I have nobody to blame but myself, not the game. You normally get what you put in, there is always the luck factor but you can't rely on that. Why can't we just all get along
grouphug.gif

Back