Wolverine??

Reggae

We're hunting NWT this fall, and can shoot wolf and wolverine if we see em'. Sounds like the wolverine are somewhat common up there. Anyone seen a full mount of one? Or know how big they run? I'm thinking that if we get lucky enough to get one, it would make an awesome mount!

------------------
polarbear2.gif

From the Minnesota Zoo Website:

DESCRIPTION: Body length: 65-87 cm (25-34 in); tail: 17-26 cm (7-10 in); weight: 20-35 kg (44-77 lbs); males generally 10% larger and 30% heavier than females.

I've seen a couple of mounts of them at Cabela's stores. They look like BIG mink with an odd colored double streak on their back. It would definitely be a unique mount.

saw one at my taxidermist shop neatest mount I have ever seen.

Delw

Saw a mount in the Visitor's Center here in Jackson. Also saw a wolverine back in the spring of 1997 in my bear bait. It was an awsome site to see. When you see ne you will know it right away. Not real big critters though. It would definately make an incredible mount.

------------------
Elk Hunting 101: Everything You Need To Know About Elk Hunting
www.jacksonholewyoming.net/elk

Raggae,
I have never been lucky enought to get a shot at one. Two of my hunting buddies got a couple shots at one that was on a boo gut pile, they missed! From what I hear, make sure he is "real dead" before you pick him up!hehe
Be safe, have fun!
deadeye2

Wolverines Make excellent Mounts. specially when they are mounted over a Moose Antler.
Last Jan I was In ak Huntin wolves and the guy I was huntin with trapped one just shy of 50 lbs (2days after death 49lbs)and another that was 27lbs.

------------------
If there isn't any dogs in heaven .....IAINT GOIN

There is a pair of Wolverines at my door step right now. They are not moving though, maybe I should get my gun and make sure they are dead?
wink.gif

John

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back