Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wisconsin deer activities discuss

schmalts

I don't know about the rest of you cheese heads but this is one of the latest ruts I can remember. I drove to my land yesterday and there was hardly any road kills. Deer sightings way down and no chasing seen in Clark county. How about the rest of you? This guy came through 5am this morning. I hope we can meet in the day

Attachments

• IMG_20131101_155026.jpg
    IMG_20131101_155026.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 554
In MN I have seen no chasing yet. I will be out from dark to dark starting next week. I'll let you know what I see.

Deer live in my backyard and in the last two days I have seen 4 does....no bucks, no chasing, no nuthing as of yet...its been pretty chilly here too...35 at night 45 mid day.....should be any day now.....:cool:

Lotsa rubs & scrapes yesterday scouting. Did jump a mature buck & doe bedded together. The predictions are for a late rut starting around Nov 15th.

Last weekend the bucks were showing up last ten minutes of light but still hanging low in daylight. Lots of cam pics of bucks in the dark including some whoppers. Scrapes and rubs everywhere. This weekend should be kicked up a notch. This was all in Buffalo County.

Thats a whopper Pat, good luck getting him! Hardly any rut activity around here, should be kicking in this week I think.

been hunting Black River N of 73. lots of does with twins still hanging around. Few smaller bucks sparring. Almost every doe I have seen this year has twins. Scrapes starting to show up. Late this next week should be good I'm hoping.

been hunting Black River N of 73. lots of does with twins still hanging around. Few smaller bucks sparring. Almost every doe I have seen this year has twins. Scrapes starting to show up. Late this next week should be good I'm hoping.

Really? Where on the river? I am on the black about 3 miles south of H

I haven't seen any chasing yet in MN either. And does are still walking around with the little ones but I did see several scrapes and rubs show up in the last 24 hours.

Holy crap! Small world! I could probably hit you with an arrow from the tree I an sitting in! We should meet up at behind Barrs tonight. There may be a chance we have met before if you ever spent time at Donnas (Hoppas). Here is a view from this morning. If you know where the eagle's nest used to be on the east bank that is where I am looking. No deer heard or seen... crazy

Attachments

• IMG_20131102_074204.jpg
    IMG_20131102_074204.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
In the stand this morning just south of eau claire. Nothing yet except a coyote that would not give me a shot. Saw a few bucks chasing last night and passed on two 2.5 yo an 8 and a 9. By far the worst two days to start november that I can remember.

Thats a heck of a buck there.

I used to hunt Clark and Jackson counties (my dad still has property south of Hatfield) but things sure have changed in the 25 years I used to hunt there.

You see any Wolves there Schmalts? I used to hear them north of 95 once in awhile

Last edited:
Thats a heck of a buck there.

I used to hunt Clark and Jackson counties (my dad still has property south of Hatfield) but things sure have changed in the 25 years I used to hunt there.

You see any Wolves there Schmalts? I used to hear them north of 95 once in awhile
I hear them in the county land near Levis mound. Never seen one just lots of scat

Well someone opened up a can of rut this evening. 6 bucks total right before dark doing a little chasing. No shooters in the bunch

Hey Schmalts, had to run to Willard after hunting last nite to help a friend with a doe. Sat east side of river with roof of town hall in sight. Nothing yesterday. Was a pleasant sit since the wind died down.

Birddog they went crazy this am. I drew back twice but couldn't stop either buck. As of this time I saw 5 bucks already. I would sit all day but my boy is in the camper. Next weekend it is dark to dark in the stand

Holy crap.. another reason to wear the safety harness. Winds picked up and this one almost got me!

Attachments

• IMG_20131103_144749.jpg
    IMG_20131103_144749.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 296
Back