Wisconsin 10

turkey34

Shot him at 1.00 in the afternoon,gotta love the rut!!!!!!

Attachments

• ryans buck.jpg
    ryans buck.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 213
Nice buck! And if Mtmiller says it is a 5 point tell him he is wrong

Nice job
Better than I did I hunted from the 26th till today and didnt even have a shot.

Is MN the only state with no bucks moving during the day? Nice buck! The only bucks I have seen lately are at 5 pm.

Thanks everyone.. it seemed like the 1st and 2nd the deer moved all day, after that movement slowed way down..

Is MN the only state with no bucks moving during the day? Nice buck! The only bucks I have seen lately are at 5 pm.

I've heard from a few guys who remained on stand all day that 11am to 1 pm produced sightings last weekend here in N TX...they are avid deer almanac readers.

Mid day is one of the best times. 10-2 is when they move a lot during heavy rut but it needs to be cold. I am typing this on my phone... going to hit 65 today, not looking good for a mid day sit but I am already sitting so I am staying all day. It takes doing it to believe it and most new bow hunters have a hard time getting to that point but trust me, if it is cold sit all day or even sleep in and go out at nine. It is easy to see what goes on, the deer move all night and hard at first light. Then they takke a nap for a few hours and after that the bucks get a hard on for doe again and go on the late morning prowl

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boxcutter223
Back