Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Winter Fun with Elk Turd / Hangar18

Hangar18

Dinger & I hit West Mountain on Sunday for some fun in the snow. It has been a great snow year so far, with potential to continue riding into June.

The day was interesting before we even hit the mountain. I was trying to turn my truck and trailer around on the road, but got to a point that I was making no progress. So I punched it and ended up in the barrow pit for about 30 feet. After a couple of small restarts, we popped back up on the road and unloaded the trailer.

Here are a few pictures of our day. This was Dinger's second time riding. The first ended up with him in a hole, so I wanted to leave a good impression. I know for a fact that it was a success.

Attachments

• Dinger01.jpg
    Dinger01.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Dinger02.jpg
    Dinger02.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Dinger03.jpg
    Dinger03.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Dinger04.jpg
    Dinger04.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Dinger_oops.jpg
    Dinger_oops.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 100
Awesome pix, looks like a beautiful day.:D

I want to hear the story about how Mr Turd got bucked off?hump hump hump

If you go two pictures above the ass-in-the-snow pic, you will see that Dinger is successfully "Carving", which was freaking hard work in these snow conditions. Back to the ass-in-the-snow pic, that was just an unsuccessful attempt at carving, where instead of getting the sled laid over to a good point of balance, the unbelievable power from that sweet sled pulls itself and rider from the tilted to flat position. This results in the rider laying in the snow 99% of the time. If you are lucky enough to not get thrown, you usually end up injured, like I have done twice this year.

He said you worked him to Death.... Something about his thumb sore... I'm not sure what you two were doing ... but.... ;)

Cool PICS !!!

Ultrahunter said:
West Mountain is pretty fun, but my personal favorite is still the Trinity's
Trinities are great but I don't know them that well. We usually go with some folks from Mtn. Home when there. I know West Mountain and McCall (my personal favorite) a lot better.

Here are a couple more pictures that perfectly summarize the day.

"Yahoo!...Whew I'm fuggin worn out"

Attachments

• Dinger05.jpg
    Dinger05.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Dinger06.jpg
    Dinger06.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 51
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads